Isaac
Years ago

Damien Ryan to sign with Kings?

I hear that Damien Ryan could be set to sign with the Sydney Kings?

How is their roster looking now? Anyone got a few seconds to recap who's signed and what positions they might have left to fill?

Topic #23056 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I think its looking something like this

Khazzouh Knight
Janev Dann
McCullough Cooper
Ryan
Martin

I could be slightly wrong on the positions as i don't really know much about Cooper and McCullough. Looks a half decent side providing they sign a second import.

Reply #278514 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I gather Ryan and Grizzard were expected to fill the last spots and Conner Henry to sign as assistant coach

I seem to recall that Sixers contacted Ryan, last season, when Herbert was injured. Ryan back from Italy and training with Melbourne was a little confused about Aussie dollars and Italian lire and asked for some ridiculous amount of money to play NBL

Reply #278515 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cooper is a PG and could be expected to start? Depends what they do with the second import spot I guess.

Reply #278517 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'd be starting Mertin over Cooper...

Cooper is a small PG, and IMO is a fringe NBL player at best. He is not exactly starring in the Waratah comp and getting exposed defensively by non-NBL guards.

Reply #278523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper struggled at SEABL with Kilsyth - methinks the Kings will be in for some difficult times.

Might be interesting to see how it all goes. We all know how fickle Sydney's sporting fans are. If the Kings don't go so well and crowds dwindle.....what will happen?

Reply #278524 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think they will run Grizzard and McCullough as versatile combo forwards:

Khazzouh, Grizzard, McCullough, Ryan, L Martin
Janev, B Knight, Dann, U24, Cooper

I thought Grizzard was poor offensively in his previous stints, but I think the rule changes will suit him much better. At 207cm and with excellent shot blocking skills, he is also very versatile defensively.

While this line up certianly wont be the most talented, it has a lot of versatility to be asble to go big or small and quick etc.

Reply #278525 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

According to his twitter Hodge is an option.

Reply #278527 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

According to MY Twitter, Hodge is a dickhead.

Reply #278530 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

According to my Twitter , TC2 just made my day haha

Reply #278541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754