Isaac
Years ago

Kings confirm Damien Ryan signing

The 'resurrected' Sydney Kings continue to add valuable pieces to their roster and staff ensuring both the short and long term objectives of the organisation are met.
The Kings announced today a major player signing in Australian Squad member Damien Ryan, who will fill one of the starting guard positions for Sydney. Ryan’s experience, veteran status and scoring ability will provide both a steady and explosive piece to the team roster.

Damien Ryan comes to the Kings after a six-year stint playing in Europe, primarily in the tough Italian professional league. After a breakout season with the Brisbane Bullets in 2003 averaging 18.4 points and 4.5 rebounds, the then 23 year-old, 6’4" shooting guard headed to the competitive European leagues where he continued to hone his skills and build his reputation. He can play the point guard position and his long range shooting ability will easily adapt to the increased three-point line in the upcoming NBL season.

Topic #23079 | Report this topic

The Champ  
Years ago

I was wrong with the Gong last year (had them tipped for last), although if Damien Ryan is your starting 2 guard I'm struggling to see the finals as a potential destination. He has been very average in SEABL this season.

Reply #278771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Extremely overated, and i bet he took the Kings to the bank too. Im quite upset with how the Kings have recruited, considering how ruthless the fan base in the harbour city is. They really needed to have some flash players on that roster.

Reply #278776 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

?? Guys a gun. WTF?

Reply #278791 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This could be a signing that goes either way. Ryan could step up and prove his doubters wrong with the opportunity, or continue to fade away into obscurity.

Correct mne if I'm wrong, but I beleive it was not more than around 2 years ago that this guy was in the calculations for one of the final spots on the Boomer's squad...

Reply #278823 | Report this post

The Champ  
Years ago

The game moves quickly with guards in their late 20s as Luke Kendall was in those same boomer squad calculations.

Reply #278824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thing im upset with Sydney is that they havent listened to their fans...

BJ Carter, i thought would have been a shoe in and Kavossy Franklin for the at least an import spot i would have thought but Bob has let us down...

He said we would enjoy the signings this winter but i think he was wrong!!!

Reply #278871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Homicide williams and i'll be happy

(to add to my last post above)

Reply #278872 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

Conner Henry will be head coach there in 2011/12

Reply #278908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754