mystro
Years ago

Breakers attempting to woo Marks

Sean Marks New Zealands most successful basketball player has been back in NZ and in talks with Andrej Lemmanis and Breakers management. This included a tour of the Breakers North Shore training facility.
This is the best thing the Breakers could do, comes at a perfect time where Marks is no longer under contract to the New Orleans Hornets and has always said that he would like to come home after his NBA career is over.
Marks is an athletic Forward with a nice mid range jumper and can get up and block shots and throw it down.
Imagine him teamed with Penney, Bruton and Vukona and Abercrombie.
I got my fingers crossed big time for this one :)

Topic #23088 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

are u serious has a nice mid range jumper :|

Reply #278924 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Is he a kiwi? Thought Penney was the only kiwi to make NBA.

Reply #278984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he's a Kiwi, nd i thought Penny was a Canadian and just obtained a New Zealand passport to be eligiable to play as a Kiwi...
And i've heard rumours too but unsure if this will happen!

Reply #278991 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Penney is a kiwi - you are perhaps thinking of Aaron Olsen?

Reply #278998 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

It would be good for the league if the Breakers are able to sign Marks. I would like to see him play

Reply #279001 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

yeah I am serous Anon, Marks has decent range on his jumper hence a decent career in the NBA.
Penney and Marks are both from Aucklands North Shore and Paul is correct on Olsen being the Canadian to play for the Tall Blacks. Marks is also considering coming out of International retirement for the Worlds depending on how his shoulder surgery goes.

Reply #279101 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That would be great - I am in Izmir for the first round of the WCs (NZ's group), and Marks added to the Kiwi squad would give them a good chance of making the round of 16. Phill Jones was also considering playing, have you heard any more on that Mystro?

Reply #279113 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A fit Marks would be a great addition to both the Tall Black and the Breakers. I hope he plays for both teams.

Reply #279120 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Nah haven't heard anything on Jones playing but he would def increase our chances at the worlds, he is clutch

Reply #279175 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

Kirk Penney is a kiwi, sean marks is a kiwi. This would be amazing. Although with the Breakers only having room for 1 more local player and penney not signed yet, i see this as doubtful, unless wilkinson does not re-sign, they could have marks and only 1 import

Reply #318678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754