DM
Years ago

Boomers vs Argentina - Is BSA stupid or what?????

This is a general topic to hopefully get enough support that Basketball SA may reconsider.
We have a chance in a lifetime to see Boomers play Argentina here in Adelaide!
So what does Basketball SA do????? They reschedule all Reserve & U20 games that were meant to be played at The Dome.
To another date? Nope.
To another stadium? Yep
WTF, come on seriously????????? Give everyone the night off so we can go and watch this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Topic #23093 | Report this topic

Ceres  
Years ago

Each game BSA runs makes them $100. If you cancelled all the games BSA would lose $2K plus.

Not really a sound business decision.

Why would they rescheulde?

Reply #278953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reschedule the round - that way they get their $ and support the sport and interest by freeing up people - that sounds like business sense to me.

Reply #278960 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

DM, your assumption is that those who would be playing would definitely go to the game. It's not an assumption that would hold true in other states, particularly melbourne, where senior basketball is a sausage grinder. It may be truer in adelaide due to the cloub structure. Are you affected?

Reply #278961 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm interested to here your definition of 'sausage grinder' HO

Is it like a vagina with teeth??

Reply #278967 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Its a stupid idea. The Boomers dont play very often in Australia let alone Adelaide.
BSA is taking away the chance for young basketball players that WANT to go, to goto the game. Seeing what they could achieve might juts keep some of them in Bball.

Reply #278971 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

HO - if the games are rescheduled, that means that they are played at an alternative time, not cancelled, and could attend the Boomers game, so how would BSA lose out?

Reply #278973 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Not a very good move,a full dome would be great.

Reply #278977 | Report this post

Penfold  
Years ago

Crumbs DM, you've got a point there!

Reply #278980 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why not contact BSA direct? I know that they were open to my query about avoiding this clash. Think might find you'll get better response by trying offical channels. Is catch 22 as sure be plenty who be happy to play the games but the opportunity to see Boomers not often afforded to Adelaide as well as home grown talent siuting up.

Reply #278981 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Ho please explain sausage grinder - i hope it means what i think!

Reply #278985 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I can think of a few definitions for sausage grinder - I won't describe them here for fear of being too explicit but for those who must go looking try urban dictionary and definitions #2 and #3. Both explain my comparison pretty clearly.

Reply #278994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754