pwned
Years ago

Who is Golden Star? (The Boomers Sponsor)

Does anyone know what kind of company it is? There are literally thousands of companies named Golden Star something, with the most prominent being a mining company in Ghana.

Topic #23115 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Golden Star International Investment Pty Ltd is a Chinese company that was established in 1995 and has since focused on sports exchange and cooperation between China and Australia. Golden Star's business includes commercial operations in basketball and football, the organising of sports tours between Australian and Chinese sports clubs, as well as sports marketing and sponsorship development.

Reply #279290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait until Bananaby Joyce hears about this!

Reply #279295 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Surely Australia's national team can find an AUSTRALIAN naming rights sponsor.. :S

Reply #279300 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Any sponsorship is great and GSII Pty Ltd seems to be there for the right reasons, but I couldn't imagine the Chinese government letting the Chinese Basketball team being sponsored by, for example, ABC Childcare Centres.

Reply #279305 | Report this post

Ariel 29  
Years ago

The national team of a wealthy country like Australia should not need to be sponsored by private enterprise in the first place. Sad.

Reply #279307 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i thought it was golden star butter!!!

silly me......oh well

australia post.......golden star butter....

about as relevant as each other,so i forgive myself!

Reply #279308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA isn't going to attract Qantas or Optus or Solo or Nike like the Socceroos.

So we have Peak (which is like Chinese K-Mart) and Golden Star.

Then, if you look at most official BA gear/website/letterheads there's one logo on everything and that is the Australian Government/Australian Sports Commission.

So they're the governing body's big daddy. And they wouldn't be giving the sport a heap either...

Reply #279317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was a brand of Crumpets.

Reply #279331 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

golden star crumpets,golden star butter... does anyone have golden star honey..great combination in the morning with a cup of golden star coffee!!

Reply #279356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754