Mr Schneedle
Years ago

Sturt Def. Norwood

The game between Sturt v Norwood in the womens, was a bit of a non-event. Sturt Women winning by 40ish points.

The mens game however was a very hard faught scrappy game. Lots of no-calls by the ref looked like it was going to start an on-court brawl. Crowd was good at the game. Really though the game was a bit of a bore for me. Both teams shooting a low percentage of field goals and lots of fouls that saw both teams hit the foul line 25+ foul shots. However through all this I dont believe the score really explained this game. There were many a time I thought the game was very close and saw sturt up by 20. Isaac saw you and pantano (sorry for spelling) sitting up there watching the game. What did you think. In the end, my view was - scrappy game - Sturt by 20ish.

Sturt Best: Bauer, Ng, Gower, Forman

Norwood Best: Krause, Thompson, Arnold

Most Exciting Play: The norwood child that did a timeout show, dancing to the music. He had crowd on their edge of their seat. Well done to him.

Topic #2312 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

It was a pretty flat game. Norwood didn't look very good (32% FG) and Sturt looked a bit disinterested for the most part.

A lot of turnovers and no real highlights. 94-74 was the final scoreline as Sturt won each quarter.

Best for Sturt were Ng (29 and 10), Forman (21 and 19, plus 3 blocks) and Gower (18, 13, 7 assists, 3 steals -- The Difference!). Krause was best for Norwood with 19 and 12. Foster's statline isn't that great, but I thought that he played well. No one else really stood out.

I'd been expecting a lot of Dan Thompson but he didn't look that good out there (2 of 14 for 5 points, but 15 rebounds, including 6 offensive). Was carried to the bench late in the game with an ankle or foot injury which is not good for Norwood.

I tipped Sturt, but expected Norwood to make it a tight game and possibly win it. They have a deep line-up but weren't very impressive (29% FT is terrible!) and I thought that Rupert needed to take note of Sturt's apparent lack of interest and spark up his team so that they'd make a run in the second half.

Reply #26113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocking game

Reply #26124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'll also add that I think Sturt need to fire-up and dominate in a situation like this, otherwise it's going to take a loss for them to start pushing themselves.

They play Centrals and Forestville in the next two games which should be a challenge.

Reply #26127 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Still You CAN NOT go PAST the DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #26143 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Didn't see Todd Smyth on the box scores. What's he up to?

Reply #26148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Injured? Was in street clothes again this game.

Reply #26153 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If Forestville play anything like they did on Saturday night, Sturt won't have a problem.

Reply #26192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go that little kid, pretty funny, pity the music man didnt play better music for him to jump around too! at least he was enthused about what he was doing.
COuld be interesting to see how dans ankle pulls up.

Reply #26207 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754