Isaac
Years ago

Taipans sign Daniel Dillon

Courtesy of @Dusty_Rychart:

Another addition to the Taipan family as Danial Dillon joins us for the 2010/2011 season. Squad almost full.
Cheers Dusty.

Topic #23126 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Good signing...had heard rumours of it happening.

Dillon has a lot of potential and with a chance, could really do well in the NBL.

Reply #279413 | Report this post

mmm  
Years ago

great signing by Taipans and shows how political it can be for young players like Dillon taking 2yrs after Dragons to finally get a chance.

Reply #279422 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Not a fan of this signing. Have seen him play a few SEABL matches and indicated nothing that he will be even a successful role player in the league.

Reply #279423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If looking for a young player why not choose John Fitzgerald now playing in Mackay ?

Reply #279424 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Seriously bEn, very few players from outside Queensland (and not named John Fitzgerald) get a recommendation from you!!

Reply #279426 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Fine athlete at a good price. Why ther hell not!

Reply #279436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Ben is all over John Fitzgerald's you know what's

Reply #279440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Ben,

Talk about Mr Negative. Daniel Dillon is a good addition to the Taipans, alot better than some of the players from last season.

Reply #279441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At high stakes hoops he made an ordinary team look alright getting them into the next round and coming off the bench and knocking down shots. He has great shooting touch.

Reply #279464 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Haha I've mentioned John Fitz once before and apparently I'm all over his sack :P

All I said is that from what I've seen from Dillon in SEABL, I didn't think it was a great signing. He's not there to play major minutes and he wouldn't be getting paid a lot, so why bring him all the way up north. Give the locals something to aspire to and throw a QLD'er in there instead. I guess I'm a believer in that theory more than most.

Reply #279465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he will be a key for the taipans coming off the bench.

Reply #279472 | Report this post

mmm  
Years ago

bEn- be ready cos you're set to be wrong...

Reply #279481 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

daniel dillon is better than dwayne vale by a loooong shot !!!!

Reply #279620 | Report this post

FANgATIC  
Years ago

Amazing what hindsight brings Mr bEn.

Made the starting 5 of the Taipans (pushed Phill Jones out of the starting 5), star player to smash the Crocs at home to get Cairns into its first GF series.

Guess we can all say - WRONG !!!!!!

Reply #317079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754