Black knight
Years ago

Boomers: who is in, who is out?

Who will be playing in the Argentina series Andersen, jawai, newley are playing??
I know patty mills is playing.... Havnt heard anything on Jawai and Andersen and neilsen.

Topic #23127 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Not sure why this thread is a spoiler as nothing has been announced?

I believe they have only named a training squad at this stage. You'd assume they would cut it to 12 before the series opener with Argentina.

If the NBA guys are all fit (Mills, Jawai & Andersen) who'd think they would be a lock along with Newley, Ingles, Barlow & Nielsen.

The other spots would be available depending upon perofmances in camp & against Argentina.

Reply #279417 | Report this post

boards  
Years ago

Who from the 13 in the trainin camp is likely for a spot?

Reply #279431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo, Delly, Nevill, Goulding and Bose are my bolters. Goulding and Bose i beleive are fighting for the bench SG spot. Nevill adds size and shot blocking which without Bogut we will need since Jawai, Nielson, Maric and Andersen struggle with. Dellavadova is ready for the international stage as he proved in the Stankovic Cup and of course you cant leave Adam Gibson out he is such a gritty defender and world class perimeter shooter.

Mills/Gibbo/Delly
Newley/Bose or Goulding
Barlow/Ingles
Nielson/Jawai
Maric/Andersen/Nevill

Reply #279439 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Big call with your "bolters". Whilst both talented players with upside, I doubt that either of them keep Worthington out of this year's squad when he can slot in as a SF and Ingles can play as an SG. Could definitely be future Boomers though.

Reply #279445 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Sorry, the "them" that I was referring to, to be clear, were Goulding and Bose.

Reply #279446 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Is CJ Bruton still in contention for a spot? I would have thought his cool head under pressure would be a good addition to the PG rotation if you have 2 younger guys at PG Also.

Reply #279448 | Report this post

King James  
Years ago

Not delibrately being a buzz kill but anonymous....Adam Gibson is NOT a world class perimeter shooter...solid, yes...world class!! not even close

Reply #279452 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

31% 3pfg last year wasnt he?

Reply #279458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If hes open he will knock them down but suppose in this level you wont be open.

Reply #279460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd leave out either jawai, Maric or Neville for wortho.. These guys basically do the same thing in clog up the paint and can't really play the 4 spot. At least wortho can space out the floor with his outside touch. I don't really see the point of having upto 3 one dimensional 7 footers sitting on the bench or 2 of them on the court at the same time

Reply #279466 | Report this post

Black knight  
Years ago

So you you say that Jawai shouldn't make the team? Your silly

Reply #279479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754