Kobe24
Years ago

Argentina's Team for the tour

Does anyone know when and if Argentina will release whose in their squad for the tour? I know manu's been ruled out but what about guys like Scola and Calderone?

Topic #23141 | Report this topic

rebounder  
Years ago

When's the aust team out?

Reply #279577 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Doubt Calderon would abandon his Spanish teammates to play for Argentina ....

Reply #279578 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The 14 players competing for 12 spots in the touring squad to Australia are: Gustavo Nicolas Aguirre, Facundo Campazzo, Jonatan Alberto Treise, Nicolas De los Santos, Matias Nocedal, Carlos Leonel Schattmann, Mariano Fierro, Sebastian Ernesto Vega, Pablo Espinoza, Federico Matias Aguerre, Nicolas Romano, Diego Leonardo Romero, Alejandro Martin Alloatti and Pablo Martin Orlietti.

What is more disappointing is the fact that the senior players considered locks for the WC's are not coming to Oz, and this also includes the national team coach!

Link: http://linky.com.au/h3k51

Reply #279580 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Sorry i meant carlos delfino!

Reply #279584 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, that is disappointing that none of the Argie big guns are coming, I guess it just makes it more about seeing Mills and co in the flesh now. Not ideal but still a pretty good situation, you'd have to think we're a pretty decent chance to go close in the series now.

Reply #279585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We should smash them now.

Reply #279591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball needs to develop some sort of Test match competition and get full strength teams touring every so often. It sux that we get a good team like Argentina coming over, but none of their best players. The sport will never gain popularity if we don't get to see the best players available.

Reply #279593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my dodgy boomers vs. argentina poster- http://i50.tinypic.com/1fbixf.jpg

Reply #279594 | Report this post

Sixers2010  
Years ago

Yeh I agree with you Anon. A similar competition to the tri-nations in rugby would be great. You could have us, Argentina and another team such as Brazil, Italy or New Zealand competing in a series of matches. If you could give some incentives for the big names to play like tv coverage and prize money then I think that type of format could be successful.

Reply #279596 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Aren't they bringing their little 5-7 playmaker wizard, what's his name, Lionel Messi? Disappointing.

Reply #279598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG i was getting excited about this upcoming series but when I see that Argentina side I nearly cry. I was looking forward to watch it on one hd but thinking about watching the footy now instead. Still would be good to see Jingles, Barlow and Mills to see how they have developed over the last season. I though Scola said he would be playing he must be saving him self for the worlds or Argentina have strictley told him not 2 play. You could pick another 14 players to replace that lot and would destroy the 14 they have named.

1.Ginobili
2.L.Scola
3.A.Nocioni
4.C.Delfino
5.F.Oberto
6.J.Calderon (Heard he could be playing for them because of rubio, Rodriguez and Llull want minutes)
7.P.Prigioni
8.W.Herrmann
9.L.Gutierrez
10.P.Quinteros
11.F.Kammerichs
12.R.Gonzalez
13.JP.Gutierrez
14.A.Porta

Reply #279626 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

As long as Carlos Leonel Schattmann is playing, there'll be life in this series. Cue the 12th man .....

Reply #279633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schattmann isn't that good. He is great from deep and gets to the line pretty well but the argentine league isn't that flash.

Reply #279635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754