Isaac
Years ago

Jawai flies in for Boomers camp, series

"I'm going to feel more comfortable playing them in a home environment with our fans behind us," Jawai said.

“We can repeat our win from 2009 if we play our best. There are a couple of guys available now that weren’t available last time we played Argentina such as Patty (Mills) so it should be a great three-game series coming up.”

The Australian team to contest the series will be named at the conclusion of the camp on June 24 followed by the World Challenge fixtures in Perth on June 25, at the State Netball Hockey Centre in Melbourne on June 27 and the final game at Brett Maher Court at The Dome in Adelaide on June 29.
All training sessions throughout the five-day camp from June 20-24 at the WA Basketball Centre are open to media.

Topic #23166 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Good news. I doubt Ben Allen wil be joining the team given this news.

Reply #279859 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That's better - A good news story.
Jawai , Mills playing with Newley and Ingles.
While vetting some possible future players, but with the most promising , mysteriously , not being selected
and no Barlow for unkown reason.

Reply #279863 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

36ers Captain/MVP - a new Aussie, playing for Australia at the Dome , has a drawing power.

Luke Schenscher played well here, one season.
A slow starter, not an impact player, got better as the game went on, with big minutes.
More suited to 48 minute games.

Reply #279874 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm happy to see Jawai joining the squad. It's some good news.

I'll be pleased to see Mills and Jawai on June 29.

Reply #279877 | Report this post

The Champ  
Years ago

Barlow getting married.

Reply #279914 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw thanks - Some selections and non-selections had me a little confused.

Reply #279920 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I met nate's mum the other night, she's average height.

Reply #279925 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I met nate's mum the other night, she's average height.

Reply #279926 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, speaking of guys missing from the camp, anyone know why Maric isn't playing? Isn't he recovered from his injury?

Did Bose end up coming across to take part in the Boomers camp in the end or not? I'd be interested to hear how he went if he took part in the camp.

Reply #279927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeah, speaking of guys missing from the camp, anyone know why Maric isn't playing? Isn't he recovered from his injury?

Did Bose end up coming across to take part in the Boomers camp in the end or not? I'd be interested to hear how he went if he took part in the camp."

Maric probably wants a break as he just finished his European season today I think.

As for Bose, he took part in the camp, just didn't get selected for the Perth one.

Reply #279928 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Baynes injured:

aussieboomers
Aron Baynes goes down at training last night hard. Good nights rest didnt work - ankle doesnt look good this morning.

Reply #280187 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

As mentioned previously, Maric was tied up with his Partizan team in the Serbian finals that finished a day or so ago hence why he is unavailable for this series. He is probably nursing a hangover as we speak after a long European season - probably the same with Worthington too :)

As for Bose, he just didn't make the cut following the first training camp. For mine that was quite disappointing but maybe it is a good wakeup call for Bose?

I too heard Baynes went down with an ankle injury, and it is also worth noting that Jawai is only supposed to be 60% fit as he has been recovering from a foot injury of his own. Luke Nevill and Ben Allen will now have to shoulder virtually all of the big man duties in this series. A very good chance for them to prove their worth - particularly for Nevill as he pushed for WC team selection.

Reply #280196 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It is a great chance for Nevill, with no Bogut and Anstey we don't have a true centre in the line up with Maric and Jawai 4-5s at international level, so Brown would have to be considering Nevill as insurance in case they are overmatched in a particular game by a big centre.

While I suspect that Ogilvy and Dellavedova have already been penciled in for the WCs as 'development players’, if Ogilvy decides to focus on his NBA aspirations this year that could open up a chance for Nevill.

Reply #280223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754