annon
Years ago

BSA-Wayville

WHy doesn't BSA do something about Wayville?

Games called off again last night due to leaking roof and wet floor!!

THis has been going on for years yet still BSA sits on their hands and does nothing!

Surely they should be able to fix this as it does rain each and every winter!!

Topic #23171 | Report this topic

jump shot  
Years ago

you are joking about BSA doing anything positive aren't you? too much done for some clubs and not enough for others. Investments made at both Southern and Norwood recently, yet nothing for the rest of the district clubs.
continuity and transparency for all, i think not.

Perhaps when they move into Wayville they might spend a dollar or two to fix the roof, and god forbid they may even think about aircon for pasadeana and wayville as well?
it costs nothing to dream i guess.

Reply #279961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You idiots, the showgrounds are responsible for the roof at wayville not BSA. Dont you think they have been talking to the showground group about the roof problem. I believe they are just as frustrated about it as much as the patrons using wayville.

Reply #279968 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Well said -Anon 279969-
Why would some give up the opportunity to fire a cheap shot at BSA?
Yes- they deserve some bullets at times, but don't shoot the innocent parties without ascertaining the facts first?
Who looks stupid now?

Reply #279969 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

BSA are just the major tenants. The Royal Adelaide Show Society are the landlords and responsible for upkeep. The tenant has a responsibility to report defects to the landlord, which I assume a competent organisation like BSA have.

Reply #279970 | Report this post

Gravity Man  
Years ago

The courts are used by Sports Centre,but due to a tight ass manager,he wont bother with it,been ongoing problem with stadium for years and therefor it wont be fixed,they pass buck onto showground people but they dont run stadium for their own functions only except when the show is on.People travel along way to games yet to be cancelled.I believe this is the only stadium leaking .They have social games there but games are run and not cancelled and continued,too high risk,players have decided not to play get slugged with a fine with is rediclous.

Reply #279971 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Let's hope it pisses down in September during the Show and some of the "precious poochies" get wet in the Dog Kennel, then some attention will b e given to the problems!

Reply #279976 | Report this post

ceres66  
Years ago

jump shot - what was the investment at norwood?

Reply #279979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ceres66 who do you think is paying for norwood development officer while profits from norwoods Easter tourney go towards buying aba championships?

Reply #279984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

helping to pay for their new development officer same at southern while other clubs pay for it themsleves.

Reply #279986 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Rumours abound that BSA have a "secret" JDO in Norwood's zone to assist in getting the Saturday Domestic Comp up and runninf=g.
When will other clubs such as North and West be offered such free financial asistance?
Will BSA announce how many JDO's are really out there at the meeting on Thursday?

Reply #279989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way the stadium is built the only way u can fix the problem is by taking the roof off fully.

Reply #279997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, and BSA are funding JDO's to get out into schools and centres for some clubs! How unprofessional is it!!! Why not be transparent and open about these grants? What is there to hide? Publish the basis on which these grants were provided otherwise you are a corrupt and illegitimate representative body.

Reply #280000 | Report this post

CJ  
Years ago

Manager continually reports AND FOLLOWS UP leaks, damage etc to Showgrounds.
Suggest people get facts right before commenting, not go on second, third or fourth hand reports - often made by people who were not present when situation occurred.

Reply #280002 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It is an occupational health safety and welfare issue - fines could be up to $10,000.00 for the invididual for not reporting the hazard. And if they are reporting it, why then is it still being used. Then the onus for blame is back on the Wayville showgrounds and the fine for them would be greater than $10,000.00.

Teams played games there the last time it rained. And each team had to provide parents for each quarter to stand under the ring with a broom stick with a tarp thing on the end of it to make sure the rain diverted away from the court.

Now if a kid breaks his or her neck because of a slippery floor who is responsible?. Wayville showgrounds? - perhaps someone should show them the comments on this thread might wake them up!

And perhaps they need to take the roof off fully and fix it before someone is seriously injured.

Reply #280004 | Report this post

my understanding (secondary source) was that friday night was actually flooding, not rainfall. Water built up under the floor and with extra rainfall friday night, came up through the floor.

Hopefully it's correct weight, as flooding will be easier to fix than removing the roof.

Reply #280011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games on courts 1 and 3 were cancelled on Saturday but continued on Court 2.

I presume there is a lease agreement between the parties. Surely this clarifies the obligations by both parties if the document was properly prepared and then reviewed by BSA.

If there is any truth in the inconsistent subsidies to clubs which are not made available to all clubs then that is unacceptable that certain clubs are getting a free ride and on the back of this free ride are using it as a selling point to attract kids away from no supported clubs.

Reply #280070 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

Wow...of course we all remember the last time some poor kid in Adelaide slipped on a wet floor and broke his/ her neck while playing B/ ball....dont we?...No?....COZ ITS JUST AN OVER REACTION....thats why...

Reply #280215 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ignoramus Girl.....the same as I have seen kids get their front two teeth knocked out playing basketball, broken arms, chipped bones, concussions, add in some water that SHOULD NOT BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE and the risk increases! Why do you think people can get fined for it?? Get in the real world. Injuries happen all the time. And who are you the "sooth sayer" that you know that it wont. PS and breaking you neck or doing another injury to your head that can kill you is a possibility in any sport and if kids are playing basketball they dont expect that their will be water dripping from the roof or seeping up though the floor increasing the risk of injury.

Reply #280255 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

Yup....understand all of that Anon....WOW u sure are quick to get personal aint you?...what ever does it for ya I guess!! although, maybe in future it would be easier for me if u space out the words more.....so I can U N D E R S T A N D them....

I fully understand the risk of injury...not saying to go ahead and play on a slippery surface; however while we are all talking litigation and $10k fines and slack stadium managers...throw in a corporate entity who dont seem to understand the importance of regular maintenance....lets all cast our minds back to the last poor kid that got seriously injured due to this particular problem on court 1 at Wayville shall we...

Yeah....cue the sound of crickets chirping....and rusty head cogs trying to turn. Weather by luck or good management....it HAS NOT HAPPENED...so just calm down a tad big boy and let the situation be continually managed to the best of the club in questions abilities while they have no say in what happens...shall we...

Reply #280538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually I don't know what they did on Saturday morning to the #1 and 3 courts but it seemed they had dried them somehow and they were really really sticky. Your shoe did not slide one bit - it just gripped. I thought that was dangerous as I could see lower legs not moving and upper body continuing = knee problems

Reply #280553 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Was all good tonight- no real signs of problems (8pm), so all good.

Reply #280642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754