Moses Guthrie
Years ago

RIP Manute Bol

From NBA.com: Manute Bol, a lithe 7-foot-7 shot-blocker from Sudan who spent 10 seasons in the NBA and was dedicated to humanitarian work in Africa, died Saturday. He was 47.

"Sudan and the world have lost a hero and an example for all of us," Prichard said. "Manute, we'll miss you. Our prayers and best wishes go out to all his family, and all who mourn his loss."

RIP big fella. One of the most entertaining players and a pure gentleman. Was literally a giant of the game.

Topic #23177 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

A sad loss for sure.
RIP Manute!

Reply #280001 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A loss for the humanitarian cause as much as what he did or basketball.

Vale.

Reply #280003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very sad loss. I used to love watching him jack up his three's. So unfortunate the group he used to help fund in Sudan swindled him out of his all his money to the point he was forced to do stupid stunts like celebrity boxing and suiting up for ice hockey games just to stay afloat financially (even then I think David Stern stepped in and the NBA helped him out). His heart was in the right place.

Reply #280031 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

tragic tale of a great human beign being taken advantage of due to his wealth. After the way people treated Manute in his life he is truly now in a better place. RIP Manute, gone but never forgotten.

Reply #280037 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I bloody loved Manute.

A seriously good guy.

Reply #280053 | Report this post

:(  
Years ago

a great basketball player, and an even greater human being.

Reply #280057 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good human beeing. Sad to see.

Thanks Manute.

Reply #280117 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"being". ^

Reply #280118 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

you cant block the bol............. remember his rap single? classic

Reply #280218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember that highlight where he blocked three consecutive Magic players shots in about 10 seconds? I think the last of which might've been Stanley Roberts.

Reply #280247 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It was 4 blocks in 5 seconds.

http://linky.com.au/ge9n1

Reply #280253 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Funeral held yesterday, good article with some good things said about Manute here..

http://linky.com.au/fk5fd

Reply #280968 | Report this post

matty  
Years ago

What a loss, great person and he never gave up on his people or on throwing up those 3s

Reply #282968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754