LC
Years ago

Australian Development Camp Athletes Announced

Basketball Australia has announced 43 male and female athletes to attend the Australian Development Camp from June 21-24 held at the AIS. The intention of the camp is to provide coaches the opportunity to identify and develop talent for the FIBA U19 World Championship in 2013.

BA Link: http://linky.com.au/nspxb

ATHLETES

Boys
David CARROLL
Lindsay COLE
Sam DALY
Josh DERKSON
Mirko DJERIC
Trent EVERET
Dante EXUM
Anthony FISHER
Darcy HARDING
Ric HOWARD
Tevin JACKSON
Sam JOHNS
Michael LUXFORD
Darcy MALONE
Lawrence MIFSUD
Patrick MOCKIEWICZ
Emmett NAAR
Joshua OSWALD
Greg PAGE
Jack ROBILLIARD
Dylan SMPSON
Nathan SMITH
Joel SPEAR
Cade TOWERS

Girls
Vanessa AUGUSTINI
Jordan BARRETT
Louise BROWNE
Alex CIABATTONI
Zoe DONNE
Mikhaela DONNELLY
Teyla EVANS
Darcee GARBIN
Brianan KENTWELL
Amy KIDMAN
Tiana MANGAHAKIA
Vanessa PANOUSSIS
Tenaya PHILLIPS
Jessy PRICE
Kathryn RENDELL
Casey SAMUELS
Christina SEKONA
Jacklyn SMITH
Carley TURNER

Congratulations to all.

Topic #23190 | Report this topic

yo yo  
Years ago

hope no one dunks on Dante.

Reply #280181 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Beat me to it yo yo, although if you get a lawsuit on your head for that comment I'll let you have the laughs.

Who on this list is from SA?

Reply #280188 | Report this post

Cecil  
Years ago

Now , you are gonna make me mad now.

Congratulations to ALL.

Reply #280192 | Report this post

Pallas 94  
Years ago

Boys
Sam Daly Sturt Under 16s top age
Sam Johns Southern Under 16s top age
Joel Spear West Under 18s bottom age

Reply #280209 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Congratulations to those 3 guys!

Reply #280211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls, Alex Ciabattoni-S.Tigers u18s bottom age.

Reply #280212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Wilson from mavs

Reply #280249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the good "bigs" amongst the girls?

Reply #280276 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Louise Brown ex Sturt U10-U12, moved to Victoria

Reply #280285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When say big how tall is she now

Reply #280303 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

About 190cm or 6'3"

Reply #280313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zoe Donne (country vic) could be a dark horse. Played her first game of basketball less than 18 months ago. about 190cm and is a state champion high jumper!

Reply #280323 | Report this post

Womble  
Years ago

Quite surprised at a couple of the Victorian girls that were asked!!

Reply #280375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wasn't Wilson there from macs does anyone know, thought she wld be back after being in 17 squad

Reply #280436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Womble.
Are you surprised at the bottom age or top age.
Was surprised myself.

Reply #280455 | Report this post

Womble  
Years ago

Annon 455 suprised at two of the top ages. I thought one was more focused on another sport??

Reply #280615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True Womble n 455 I thought the same but
there r a few girls who excell at other sports, volleyball is 1 that grabs them early through the schools system n some even get into rowing!
I'm sure that B.A select on talent and potential rather than if they've heard whether or not they're involved in another sport. If anything a camp like this entices the young ones across! It's pretty obvious they will select in the age groups top n bottom age in 2013. The bottom age girls/boys in the 17's teams don't need to be run down b4 a tournament n they're no brainers, so why not have a look at a few kids that may have just missed out, I would! Especially 1 focussed on another sport and can still mix it with the rest.
IMHO September will be an indicator on what B.A think
The surprise for me is the winners of Australia's premier club tournament don't have a guernsey in the girls

Reply #280631 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes, basketball Vic at its best again. Some of the Vic players sent have definately got a lot of people amused? The player chosen with her other sport was originally chosen in this years gone U/18 state team only to walk out for that other sport. Yet was still given the opportunity over others who may be equally or just as deserving. Don't get me wrong, kid is a great kid but It seems some can have their cake and eat it. All players put forward are by the one person. Some say he's a donkey who wouldn't know an athlete from a chimpanze. Gotta say from what i've seen, theres alot of merit in that.

Reply #281327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you talking vic metro or vic country when you say "vic basketball at its best again". There is a huge difference between the two in its selection but it seems that most posters on this site do not differentiate between the two when throwing shit. If you are genuine it would be more constructive to be more specific in your criticism/bitching! I was told about this site recently and what i was told re this site seems to be spot on. In my career as an athlet/coach the one thing that struck a chord with me was that the most gifted, courageous, talented, innovative, selfless, team oriented and "brainiac" "athlete" was sitting on the side lines with grey/no hair telling everybody within earshot how things should be or used to be done. Seriously, get a life and move on. If you have a child worthy of being discussed on this site then don't read from here or don't take what you read as gospel. Any worthwhile feedback for your child's development will come from a source much closer than any anybody with an axe to grind found on this
site. Please don't feel that I am anti any feedback found on this site. I actually enjoy the opportunity to debate basketball related matters. I am merely pointing out that it is easy to be an expert online. As a reader, if you feel that some points of view don't seem right, chances are you are correct. Remember, this site is tabbed as "junior". If you would struggle to read about your child in such negative terms then don't post comments about someone else's 'child in the same way. If you don't have a child playing the game, then GET OF THIS SITE! As a parent, the most important support your child can have is you. Don't lose sight of that.

Reply #281347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 327
"People selected have some people amused" Have you considered that the people amused may know very little about the game?" "All people put forward are by the one person". Not true. It is a fact that some of these athletes where already proposed by coaches outside their state. "Some say he is a donkey...." I don't know who you are even talking about but seriously, some people say they where abducted and impregnated by aliens but i remain sceptical about that as well. I am afraid i side with anon 347. Get a life. If you are not happy with how things are working for your child spend less time on this site and more time on the court.

Reply #281348 | Report this post

New Squads  
Years ago

They must be coming out soon for the September camp?

Will the girls from the worlds just gone be selected as well?

Reply #284675 | Report this post

kobe  
Years ago

i think that to be the best you got to win

thats all im sayin

Reply #284971 | Report this post

shy ronnie  
Years ago

how many basketballers does it take to fix a light bulb?

1 or more

how many desk jockeys does it take to jerk of a camel?

1 or more

Reply #285568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shy Ronnie, am i missing something. not sure where you are going with that

Reply #285569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Letters out today

Reply #285614 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Shy Ronnie- Is that a 1 or 2 humped camel?

Reply #285617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about gems camp next week, any news on attendees?

Reply #285638 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Gems camp scheduled for 28-30 August apparently. New coach has been appointed but not announced, invitees to the next camp should be finalised by the end of the week - at least that's what I hear.

Reply #285646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would imagine most of the u17 team would be invited to that camp

Reply #285647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did find info re gem camp, ba calendar still stating on next week but no list as yet

Reply #286015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone heard who has been invited yet??

I would think that the top age would be better and more physical than the U17's?

Reply #286100 | Report this post

All the girls attending the next development camp have been notified. a number of girls from the last camp have not been invited back as well as a number of new girls being invited to this camp. I believe the aim of this camp is to select an u17 team for the Oceania youth championships which means that the girls must be top age u 16 or bottom age u 18. I imagine that the 2 bottom aged girls in the u17 team that went to the recent worlds would be automatic inclusions, after that ......??

Reply #286135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They stuffed up the selections of the U17 group so lets hope they get new selectors

Reply #286137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly

Reply #286138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the GEMS camp had nothing to do with the U17 Oceania youth championships.

Reply #286144 | Report this post

You are right, it doesn't. This camp is 20-24 Sept at AIS.

Reply #286145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two different camps coming up. One for 2011 other start of 2013 squad, lets hope they ask you for your opinions on selection (137)AND (138).

Reply #286184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no doubt their girls will be straight in!!

Reply #286914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

athletes go to netball not basketball

Reply #293039 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754