Isaac
Years ago

Breakers name development players

The Breakers have named BJ Anthony and Josh Bloxham as the club's development players for the 2010-11 ANBL season.

With Anthony and Bloxham confirmed as Development Players, 10 of the 12 Breakers roster spots have now been confirmed - with 9 of the positions being filled by New Zealanders, the most in the club's history.

Versatile forward Anthony and point guard Bloxham have been strong performers for Harbour Heat and Nelson Giants respectively in the NZ NBL and now will have the chance to press for a place in the Breakers ANBL roster.
I thought BJ Anthony had a gig in Europe - either that's incorrect or I didn't realise that players could return to DP status after having played professionally abroad?

Topic #23192 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Anthony was playing Div 3 in Germany, roughly the equivalent of the SEABL, so I imagine that isnt counted as a pro stint by BA.

Reply #280228 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Josh Bloxham is a solid guard and a strong defender but unless he has improved a lot since last year's FIBA U19 WCs I think he could be quite a way off NBL.

Good to see Anthony in the NBL, he is a talent who seems to have improved his attitude and now needs to improve his conditioning and jumpshot. Gives some extra depth at the 4-spot where the Breakers are very thin.

Reply #280229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your not wrong about the conditioning Paul, he really needs to lose the puppy fat. Still a big unit, and hard to move off the block.

Reply #280237 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754