Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers team announced for Argentina series

Anyone know what time the boomers team will be announced.

Topic #23206 | Report this topic

enonymous  
Years ago

today

Reply #280412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yer what time today.

Reply #280421 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Ben ALLEN, Jason CADEE, Adam GIBSON, Hugh GREENWOOD, Joe INGLES, Nathan JAWAI, Alex LOUGHTON, Steven MARKOVIC, Damian MARTIN, Patrick MILLS, Luke NEVILL, Brad NEWLEY

Reply #280426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Australia:

Ben ALLEN / 211cm / 23 / Centre / Townsville Crocodiles
Jason CADEE / 185cm / 19 / Guard / Gold Coast Blaze
Adam GIBSON / 188cm / 23 / Guard / Gold Coast Blaze
Hugh GREENWOOD/ 187cm / 18 / Guard / AIS
Joe INGLES/ 203cm / 22 / Forward / CB Granada (Spain)
Nathan JAWAI / 204cm / 23 / Centre/Forward / Minnesota Timberwolves (US)
Alex LOUGHTON/ 205cm / 27 / Forward / Cairns Taipans
Steven MARKOVIC/ 190cm / 25 / Guard / KK Crvena Zvezda Beograd (Serbia)
Damian MARTIN/ 188cm / 25 / Guard / Perth Wildcats
Patrick MILLS/ 183cm / 21 / Guard / Portland Trail Blazers (US)
Luke NEVILL/ 216cm / 24 / Centre / Melbourne Tigers
Brad NEWLEY/ 198cm / 25 / Guard / Lietuvos Rytas (Lithuania)

Argentina:
Nicolás AGUIRRE / 189cm / 22 / Point Guard / Firmat FC
Jonatan TREISE / 182cm / 25 / Guard / Quimsa
Nicolás DE LOS SANTOS / 186cm / 22 / Shooting Guard / Gimnasia
Matías NOCEDAL / 190cm / 20 / Shooting Guard / Oursense (Spain)
Carlos Leonel SCHATTMANN / 192cm / 23 / Small Forward / Union de Sunchales
Sebastián VEGA / 200cm / 21 / Small Forward / Penarol
Federico AGUERRE / 202cm / 21 / Centre / Club Basque Prat Joventut (Spain)
Nicolás ROMANO / 200cm / 22 / Forward / Quilmes
Pablo ESPINOZA / 200cm / 23 / Forward / Club Argentino de Junin
Alejandro ALLOATTI / 203cm / 25 / Centre / Obras Sanitarias
Pablo ORLIETTI / 204cm / 20 / Centre / Atenas de Cordoba
Diego ROMERO / 204cm / 27 / Centre / Gimnasia

Reply #280427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great 5 point guards ... reminds me of a Boomers team that lost to New Zealand.

Lucky we're playing a B team.

Reply #280428 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Hmm did Delly hurt himself? You'd think he would have to be selected ahead of Cadee

Reply #280429 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Delly will be a very good player, but he is somewhat overrated at the moment. I would have thought he would be picked in this team too, though.

Reply #280431 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This series is clearly a trial for the third point guard spot behind Bruton and Mills. Nice to see Markovic in the team, surprising the Kings didnt go after him (they may hav of course, but they did sign Cooper and MArtin very early in the piece).

Reply #280432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood beat delly out for his spot

Reply #280434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What time is the game tomorrow?

Reply #280438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7pm west aussie time

Reply #280439 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

it will be between greenwood and markovic who join the mills/bruton combo.

most likely markovic.

argentina look small on paper(no 7ft ers)with loughton at p/f bigger than their centers???.

i'm sure they will have some scoring power somewhere.

no doubt brown and heal will be very guard focused
(as usual)when they should really be looking at the score board potential from the back up bigs for the w/c's.

Reply #280446 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Interesting Delly did not make the cut...but it definitely looks like Gibson, Martin, Markovic and Cadee are fighting for the 3rd PG spot on the WC team. I personally have pencilled in Mills and Bruton already.

Good to see some moreyoung gus coming through the ranks though in Cadee and Greenwood in particular.

As for Argentina, they have lost 3 straight games against China by around 20 in each game just before they arrived in Australia...

Reply #280452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What? Skull you think that Adam Gibson will be left out for either greenwood/markovic. It just ain't gonna happen it will be Bruton/Mills/Gibbo.

Reply #280454 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I am surprised Delly got left out too. Looks like Wortho and Weigh also missed out for some reason. Can't figure that out. Maybe injured or under done?

I don't really understand how they plan to have a serious look at 6 PG's in this series? Seems odd to have chosen so many.

Reply #280461 | Report this post

Ricardo  
Years ago

Anybody know a TV channel to watch this match online?

Reply #280462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the Boomers/Argentina series, here are the times the games will be shown on One HD (Adelaide time):

Game 1 (in Perth)-Friday 8:30pm, replay Saturday 12:30pm

Game 2 (in Melbourne)-Sunday 5:30pm, replays Monday 5:30am & Monday 2:30pm

Game 3 (in Adelaide)-Tuesday 7pm replays Wednesday 5:30am & Wednesday 11:15pm

Reply #280465 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

anon - yes, i dont believe gibson should be in the 3 guard rotation at the w/c's.
markovic would be a better fit on the world stage.

the games i saw last season when gibson was under the pump,were very weak performances.

he does not have the ability to step up and take a game by the scruff of the neck,not even in the nbl!!

Reply #280469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wortho is only playing in the melbourne and adelaide games

Reply #280471 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Brett Brown is focussing on defensive strategies during this 3 game series...

FIBA Link: http://linky.com.au/sg8n2

From the article:

"The big picture is trying to set the stage for what we want to get done in August and from a coaching perspective trying to see if the defense, particularly, is at a standard that we try to get to," he said."

Reply #280475 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Do we know anything about those Argentine folk, other than Schattmann has an awesome name?

*sings 'I'm the Schattmann' to the tune of 'I'm the Scatman' to self.

Reply #280480 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Matías NOCEDAL is the player to keep an eye on - he is apparently an up and coming NBA talent.

Reply #280482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"This series is clearly a trial for the third point guard spot behind Bruton and Mills." Remember what happened the last time the Boomers did that (with Kendall, Bruce, and Markovic)?

Reply #280581 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

I was at the open training session on Wednesday night and I certainly didn't see Greenwood or Cadee outplaying Delly during that session.

There was a lot of 5 on 5 scrimagging done, with Greenwood, Cadee and Delly rotating to fill 2 guard spots for the 5 they were a part of. Delly was the PG whenever he was on the floor. Cadee only played point when Delly was off the floor. I don't believe I saw Greenwood play PG at all.

I'd imagine that due to availability of our first-choice forwards for the world champs that they are taking more of a look at the guards in contention.

Delly could be out of the picture. He could get his opportunity in Adelaide/Melbourne, or they already know he's ahead of the other options and want to see what the others offer in this series.

As ever, who knows?

Reply #280588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MILLS - A world champs lock and certain starter. Adds speed, transition scoring and will be better for the NBA practices and minutes.
NEWLEY - Our only really good option at the shooting guard spot. A super slasher with an improved 3-point shot. His penetration and bunch scoring is important.
INGLES - Whilst not a certain starter I think he will get the nod, his Summer League experience and Spanish play should have toughened him up and expect some good contributions from him.
JAWAI - Not sure what Brett Brown thinks about him but this is his time to shine. He is bigger and way more powerful than these Argentine opponents so he needs to produce.
NEVILLE - A good performance is what he needs to be considered for the Worlds. His length and shot blocking is nice as we lack in that area.

Reply #280598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shot blocking....luke nevill....?

Reply #280620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Markovic is up to WC standard. Damian Martin has progressed much more than him since juniors, is more consistent from the perimeter and defensively can guard the two and be on court with Bruton or Mills, which gives some extra flexibiity and frees our two gun pgs up.

Reply #280625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754