True Supporter
Years ago

Should the 36ers shut up shop.

Why should we have a team in the NBL if basketball lovers and apparent 36er lovers spend all their time complaining about everything.

I am sure it costs millions to run a basketball club, to start with the salary cap is $1 Mil then rent of the dome which could not be cheap, all bills associated, staff wages, game night expenses, council rates I believe are approx $60,000, travel 14 times a year,accomodation and that would not be half of it. I would guess 3-4 million to run an NBL club.

That means to survive they need to generate more than 3-4 million and that is just to break even.

So why then does this forum have an endless supply of complaing about everything they do and what it costs,
Car park to expensive, season tickets to expensive (although SOS have not changed price in first 2 years).

Unfortunately it is often the same people bagging and complaining about everything they do even if they have to find ways of generating 4 million per year.

They say Adelaide crowds are one of the smartest in the country, if we were smart we were support our eam in a positive manner, support them in the things they try to do and help keep this club alive because if SOS are as smart and as good as I think they are even they would not throw that much away every year.

Lets appreciate the job they have in front of them and support them not shoot down everything or bitch about everything or try to get out of anything that cost money.

Having said that you can know complain about this thread as well. Go Sixers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic #23240 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

This thread is also a complaint

Reply #280934 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It is human nature that some people are optimists (glass half full) and some are pessimists (glass half empty). But both groups can be passionate supporters and both have a role. Sometimes without the baggers you do not get critical analysis of the status quo, which the optimists are sometimes too content with.

There will always be people in this world that have a different view to you, or to those in charge. But no one will argue about something that they don't care about.

This forum gives an opportunity to fans to say whatever they want about anything. The 'complainers' are far from a representative cross-section of the Sixers' membership. Take it with a pinch of salt, just like those people making the decisions will.

Reply #280936 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Criticism is part of human nature and can either just be pure negative offering nothing or positive in that it also offers solutions to a perceived problem. I am sure also that some posters on this and other forums do so just to create discussion.

As SOS seem to actively monitor discussion on this forum, it is a great way to provide feedback to the 36ers management as to how the fans are reacting to issues and raising concerns.

Use it in a positive way as it can be a very useful tool, use it inappropriately and it just proves that the poster is a tool.

Reply #280949 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

In fact, the question could be "Should SA shut up shop?"

Let's face it, we really are a backwards, rust bucket state. Why don't we all retire to the Gold Coast and eat sushi.

Reply #280953 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

Hahaha jack. That is true

Reply #280979 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Don't stop there - perhaps the human race should cease to exist?

I mean whats the point, you spend 16 years at school/uni, then for the next 45 years spending the majority of daylight hours as the slave of the corporate world, or the taxman, 5 days a week, if not more, only to dodge potential life threatening illnesses along the way......

So, yes, organisations like the 36ers are crucial to the enjoyment of life. With passion often comes hyper-critical analysis - but deep down we all need an outlet from the daily grind.

Reply #280984 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The 36ers held an open forum a few months back seeking genuie feedback from the fans. I think this was a positive move.

The Season Tickets have not changed in 2-3 seasons and I believe are one of the cheapest around.

Footy teams charge $600 minimum.

Majority of supporters are disappointed at the lack of playoff action and home losses in recent years. Or the choking where we've blown 20+ point leads in games to lose.

Reply #281010 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Don't blame the Sixers, blame Isaac.

Reply #281041 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

The Sixers staff dont ever read this site, so who cares. This is a forum to have your bitch with other fans, a few people complaining wont change anything. Look at AFL supporters, nothing there clubs do are right but you dont see the teams shutting up shop.

Reply #281054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your mum the sixers staff and owners regularly read this site and most of them regularly post on it as well.

Reply #281056 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Your mum, if you think they do not read this site, try typing in the name of our former coach not named Ninnis.

They do read, complain and break Isaac's balls for comments put up on here.

Reply #281062 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

I was informed by a few Sixers staff that they dont read it because its full of negative comments. Just relaying what I was told, they could be liars?????

Reply #281100 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think they take a lot of what is said with a pinch of salt.

There are some good feedback comments, but sometimes there's a lot of mouse poo in the pepper.

Reply #281108 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

That's better form Jack.. gold.

There are far too many negative/sniping comments on here regarding the team though, I will agree with that.

Reply #281144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Your Mum, how along ago was this? Years back, they used to deny it but never stop reading it. Hoops.com.au was seen in the background on an employee's computer on a news report once.

Now, they're pretty open about reading it. As Jack said (and as most here would do anyway), they'd take comments and criticisms on board, but gloss over some of the trash.

Reply #281152 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I personally dont see a problem with the costs to be honest, 350 a season for something I enjoy is a small price to pay. Beats the hell out of car rego for a year.

If you really want the tickets to become cheaper, I highly recommend you buy a season ticket and get others to buy them too. if we have a sell out crowd every single week they would most likely be able to afford a decrease in the tickets.

Reply #282861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754