mystro
Years ago

Webster and Franklin Red Eye Jedi

North Harbour Heat team mates Kavossy Franklin and Cory Webster's (NZ Breaker and Tall Black) futures are clouded (pun intended) after testing positive to banned substances in a random drug test last week.
They are believed to have smoked cannabis.
They will now how to live on the streets and pimp themselves to pay for their drug habits before departing to hell.
Under the International Basketball Association doping code, athletes issued with a first violation are normally banned for two years. However, special exemptions can be made for the likes of cannabis, provided the player can demonstrate he did not intend to enhance performance. Sanctions range from a warning to a year ban.
A precedent to Webster's case was fellow Tall Black Mark Dickel's suspension for cannabis use ahead of the 2006 world championships. Basketball New Zealand ruled him out for two warm-up games against Qatar but FIBA decided to add 10 days to that ban once the competition started, meaning he missed three more games.
However Dickel's ban came after he tested positive following an international match. Basketballers found guilty of cannabis use in the NBL in the past have been subject to blanket bans of just six weeks to two months.
Thoughts.....

Information taken from NZ Herald article

Topic #23243 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Already got a thread on this. Not sure about the Tall Blacks, but I'd say he's gone from the Breakers. They run a disciplined ship and I don't think this is the first time Webster has got offside (not suggesting that previous issues were drug-related at all).

Reply #280942 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Breakers will be taking this very seriously

Reply #280944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They think there ice cube or something you can have a good time without that sh*t. Dissapointed as Webster has incredible talent and potential.

Reply #281001 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

IMO, Webster is a great player at NZNBL level, but I don't think he is at the ANBL level just yet. Even if Webster hadn't done drugs, I could understand why the Breakers would let him go..Undersized shooting guard(basically a spot up shooter), can't get to rack, is clearly uninterested in defence. This drug offence only adds to the list of why not to sign him. Furthermore, Breakers have a strict family policy and Webster's actions clearly contradict this.

Reply #281058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754