Panther32
Years ago

Could LBJ, Bosh and Wade all end up in Miami?

Currently there is a lot of talk on websites that Lebron and Bosh have agreed to join Dwayne Wade in Miami next season. The talk is they all met Monday night to discuss their futures and several papers and reporters are stating they will play together in Miami.
Earlier Monday, Fox Sports Radio's Stephen A. Smith reported on his morning radio show and via his Twitter feed that James and Bosh have committed to joining Wade in Miami. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel newspaper, in a report on its website Monday afternoon, quoted a source close to Wade as saying that the 2006 NBA Finals MVP "believes his team is poised to pull off a free-agency coup" by signing James and Bosh and re-signing Wade.
This would be one of if not the biggest free agency coup's in history! They are all good friends and to be honest I actually think they could all play on the same side. I wonder how many veterans will take the minimum salary next season to jump on this side!!!

Topic #23248 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

In any case, intersting times aherad in the 2010 Free Agency stakes!

Reply #280983 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Thats alot of mouths to feed offensively. I honestly think they would be better signing 2 of them and putting better player around them...if they sign all 3 whats the supporting cast gonna be like?? either way, free agency is gonna be very interesting!

Reply #280990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they get rid of beasley they could get all 3. Pat Riley is doing hard to do this and I think if all 3 play together they will be successfull but numbers will drop. Thats why i think Lebron will Go to New Jersey or New York.

Reply #280998 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

If this is true and happens, it would be a huge coup.
I still think it's better only 2 play rather than 3. Definitely send Beazley away for it to happen better.

However I still believe Lebron will become a Knick.

Reply #281004 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

I don't think the Knicks have any chanceto be honest. My thinking it's between three, Miami, Chicago and New Jersey. But from all reports Lebron isn't that confident with the Chicago owners and is looking for a business mentor, therefore interested in joining NJ or Miami. Dallas could be a dark horse with Cuban being the owner and now Dirk opting for free agency market.
People said that the big 3 in Garnett, Allen and Pierce wouldn't be able to play together and they should have won 2 if not 3 championships at their age, imagine what these three could do together!!! Somebody say dynasty!!! If it happens don't be surprised if Pat Riley puts himself back in the coaches seat to add to his ring collection.

Reply #281012 | Report this post

JA  
Years ago

the knicks have there sights on joe johnson i read today they dont want to get lebron and his friends cause they will take over the franchise.

Reply #281028 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Until they move Beasley they can only sign 2. I think it's a mistake to sign all 3, unless they all sign 3 year deals.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them sign Lebron and Wade outright as FA, and then do a S&T for Bosh using Beasley and pieces. Hell, if they get all 3, give the Raptors there first round picks for 2011 and 2013 and all the 2nd round picks. There first round picks will be in the high 20's for those years and useless.

They are tying up huge $$$ for 5 years, but I guess a positive is that if it doesn't work, there would be a tonne of takers for the likes of Bosh, Lebron or Wade.

I think Lebron will end up in Chicago. I think WWW will piss in his ear and he'll end up in Chicago.

Reply #281029 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

if this happens my interest in NBA will decrease rapidly. This is a joke, what is the point of watching when they will clearly win. Does anybody feel like this is cheating in some way???

I feel international basketball is to blame, since the stars have been playing together and becoming 'butt buddies' there is no player rivalry left. What ever happened to the times when Jordan hated Isiah, Magic hated Bird and so on.

My last hate of this is Jordan built the Bulls to a championship team from scratch. This whole ditching teams that do everything for you to jump on someone else's bandwagon makes me sick. What happened to loyalty? MJ hated krause but never left the Bulls so why cant LeBron be happy doing the same in Cleveland?

THis whole free agency period is making me hate Chris Bosh and LeBron more than I ever thought possible. I hope they collide with each other and both blow there knees out and never play again.

Reply #281050 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Your mum, they wont clearly win. Look at Team USA, you expect them to absolutely dominate every team by 60 however that is never the case.

Reply #281061 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Wade + Lebron + Bosh = Waste of Cash.
Bosh + Lebron = Potential
Bosh + Wade = Great!
Wade + Lebron = Clash!

Having all 3 on the team reduces the output on each of them. Either that or you end up with a side that has a "Big 3" and compiles of Jobbers for the remaining 7 in the side.

If Chicago were to get Wade and Bosh; then I predict another Bulls dynasty.

Reply #281075 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

basketball teams are made up of 12 players,

If miami for example spend almost all of the salary on 3 superstars,

then rest of the team will nine low paid players who most will have very limited experience so it will depend on the performance of the other 9 players that will determine how good a team like this is

and i dont think they will win if it happens but they will be competitive.

The reason why teams like boston and Lakers are better then teams like magic, cavs, spurs, thunder and hawks this year is the depth not the 2 or 3 best players

Reply #281076 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If any team gets three giants of the game, they will quickly become the common enemy of every other fan. I'd hate to be on that team, down a couple of points and in a stadium of fans waiting for any tiny mistake.

Reply #281084 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Would be interesting if they did, but can't see it happening. I think LeBron is likely to land in Chicago.

Also worth noting that Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce are also now free agents too!

Reply #281085 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Should this occur, also given the no state taxes in Florida, I could see that players like Steve Blake & Brad Miller would sign for the minimum to play alongside the Big 3.

So Blake
Wade
James
Bosh
Miller

Bench - Chalmers
- Beasley
- Anthony (Miami have given him a qualifying
offer)
- Haslem (would probabyl resign for the MLE)

They would then probably only need to get a swingman, say Mike Miller, to complete the roster (filled out with their 2nd round picks).

I think they would get enough guys who can play to fill out their roster, especially with the Three big names

Reply #281101 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

They can't afford the big 3 with Beasley on the roster. Beasley's contract needs to be completely absorbed by a team with cap space or a trade needs to take place where Beasley is traded for picks and a guy with a non-guaranteed contract. Refer to Yi and the Wiz.

Reply #281104 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Your saying Boston had good support cast, have a look at who they had 3 years ago! Not one player from the rest of that team were a household name! Who knew names like Rondo, Perkins, House, Scalabrine, come on be honest! They could go and grab a bunch of role players and still be successful. They would need a good shooter, Ray Allen is a free agent, i'm sure he would sign for next to nothing to sit on the arc and shoot three's for them. Shaq could join up on the minimum and play the 5 spot, the Big Z could sign as a free agent, grab Allen Iverson as PG, there are plenty of old blokes out there who have made there money and want to win a championship before retiring, maybe Karl Malone will see his opportunity again and come out of retirement!!!

Reply #281107 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

I agree Panther32 Boston had nothing when they got the big 3 a few years back. Veteran role players would jump at the opportunity to play with this team just like PJ Brown and Cassell did a few years back.

Reply #281110 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No, they won't sign with Miami. Two of them have already signed with Chicago according to what I've heard from a very unreliable source. Good times ahead for Bulls fans.

Reply #281125 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Looks as though I wasn't far off with adding Allen to that team...

http://linky.com.au/3yz0o

Reply #281150 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Moses Guthrie

"Two of them have already signed with Chicago according to what I've heard from a very unreliable source."

if this source is very unreliable then why would you think there is any creditability to his claim???

Reply #281224 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would think it was written tongue firmly in cheek...

Reply #281227 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

If I'm patty mills , and Miami Is signing all three of these guys , and keeping chalmers at the point ( almost like a rondo development ). Then I'm putting my name to Miami to be his back up at the 1 spot on a minimum contract

Chalmers/mills
Wade/ ???
James/beasely
bosh/haslem
miller/Anthony

Reply #281237 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Miami would need to get rid of Beasley to sign the big 3. This could possibky happen with a sign and trade deal for Toronto for Chalmers and Beasley for Bosh.

Reply #281309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754