LC
Years ago

2010 NBA Summerleague

With the 2010 NBA Draft now over, Free Agency and off-season trades fast approaching, the 2010 edition of the NBA Summerleague is also fast approaching.

Australian centre AJ Ogilvy who went undrafted has been selected to play for the Chicago Bulls in the NBA Summerleague in Las Vegas, with his first game scheduled for 13 July (14 July Australian time).

Boomer point guard Patty Mills has already been declared as a confirmed starter by his current teams, the Portland Trailblazers. His first game is also the same day - 13 July (14 July Australian time).

Summerleague Schedule: http://linky.com.au/opykz

One could also expect that guys like Newley, Jawai, Ingles and Andersen may also suit up, obviously depending on their fitness and also their commitment to the Boomers WC campaign.

Topic #23249 | Report this topic

Avv  
Years ago

Fingers crossed for no injuries on the boys playing in the summer league and who also are in the Boomers plans for Turkey.

Reply #281002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles playing for GSW they must like him and i think he would be successfull as a 3 man there just like reggie williams was.

Reply #281082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher is at portland and they think he will start over Pendergraph.

Reply #281117 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes, big Luke Schenscher is set to play for Portland alongside Patty Mills.

Also, it has been announced that Nathan Jawai will be playing for the Charlotte Bobcats. His first game is on Monday, July 5 against Utah (July 6 Australian time).

Reply #281154 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

So i went through the whole list of rosters so far and wrote down the players of interest to us... let me know if i forgot one.

Ogilvy - Bulls
Draper - Nuggets
(Jamahl Moseley is the DEN Coach)
Ingles - Warriors
Schenscher & Mills - Blazers
Jawai - Bobcats
Mark Tyndale - D-league Invitational

I have heard that Chris jent will be the Cavs coach for this too.

No mention of Newley?

PS - Omar Samhan & Jermaine Beal are playing for Dallas

Reply #281210 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If Newley and Andersen both play I would assume it would be with Houston at this point in time.

I don't think they have released their roster yet unless I'm mistaken?

Reply #281211 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

yeah they have named 9 guys, of which, Andersen & Newley are not included

Reply #281274 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Andersen being courted by a Turkish team maybe?

Reply #281275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ismail Muhammad with Charlotte ?

Reply #281306 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Charlotte Bobcats held off the Utah Jazz in their opening Summerleague game this morning.

Nathan Jawai played just over 2 minutes in coming off the bench, failing to take a shot and recording just 1 foul and 1 turnover in that time.

Jawai has another chance tomorrow as the Bobcats take on the Celtics.

Reply #281497 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Bobcats actually played the Thunder this morning, and won again 86-85.

Nathan Jawai saw more court time in this game in playing 14 minutes, and he took on the chance, scoring 7 points on perfect 3/3 shooting and 1/1 from the line. He also had 2 rebounds and 1 turnover.

Charlotte take on Philly tomorrow.

Reply #281582 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bobcats got done over by the Celtics 71-92.

Jawai played a little over 16 minutes off the bench, scoring 6 points on a once again perfect shooting display (2/2 FG, 2/2 FT) to go with 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover and 2 fouls

Today they play Philly!!!

Reply #281735 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Here is a pretty good article and video interview with Patty

http://linky.com.au/rh56a

Reply #281761 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai's next game starts soon against Philly.

You can follow the game stats via this link: http://linky.com.au/b0mma

Reply #281832 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai has 5 points in 5 minutes so far...

Reply #281836 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bobcats won by 1 point. Jawai played just over 16 minutes and scored 5 points on 2/3 shooting (1/1 FT) to go with 1 rebound, 1 assist and 1 turnover.

Reply #281889 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bobcats lost to Magic 77-80...Jawai played 19 minutes and scored 4 points on 2/6 shooting with 5 rebounds and 2 turnovers.

Golden State and Joe Ingles are in action today.

Reply #282018 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Portland who boast Patty Mills and Luke Schenscher are in action right now, and Ingles also plays again with the Warriors today.

Ingles has played 2 games so far is this is how he went:

- 0 points (0/2 FG), 5 rebounds & 1 assist in 24 minutes
- 2 points (0/4 FG, 2/2 FT) & 2 rebounds in 19 minutes

Also, Nathan Jawai has been named to the Cleveland Cavaliers Summerleague roster.

Reply #282144 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Great stat line for Mills:

FG: 5-10
3PT: 2-5
REB: 7
AST: 9
TO: 2
ST: 1
PTS: 12

with a +/- of +20 in 26 mins!

Lots of nice stuff on Twitter from Thorpe:

"Mills with basically a mistake free first half. "

"Babbitt and Mills with a nice break. We might see that off the bench in the coming season or two. "

"Patty Mills-A+ in this game, despite just one made shot (a 3)." (That was posted early in the game)

and this one which we all know is his achilles heel:

"Mills forced a shot early in 2nd half. He needs to always play with patience."

Reply #282148 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Patty had 8 points in the 2nd quarter too! He showed he can do it all in a great all-round performance.

Luke Schenscher did not see any action for the Blazers.

Jowe Ingles is in action for GSW right as I type...and this time has come off the bench and so far has 2 points on 1/2 shooting in the first half.

Reply #282149 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Warriors lost to Wizards. Joe Ingles came off the bench and in 17 min scored 5 points on 2/4 shooting (1/1 3PT) to go with 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals and 1 turnover.

Reply #282158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carlos Powell is also playing in the Summer League.

Reply #282159 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

just had 12 points (1 off team high) 9 assists and 7 rebounds. best stat line for the game. Great to see hes getting the assists and playing like a point guard while still getting a solid score.

Reply #282183 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

and I was talking about mills haha

Reply #282184 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Anyone see this

After taking the court for the Charlotte Bobcats at the Orlando Summer League, Nathan Jawai has secured a place on the Cleveland Cavaliers roster for Vegas

Reply #282193 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

is that a joke or?..

Reply #282202 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

nevermind just saw it on basketball australia site..

I dont get it, why is he now on the cavs summerleague roster? He didnt really have much of an impact playing for the bobcats in the summer league.

Reply #282203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There might be a theory to why the 36ers haven't signed a import yet. But maybe their waiting for a 6'0 point guard with dynamic speed from the college St Mary's. If you haven't guessed already, Maybe the 36ers are waiting to see if patty mills gets signed by an NBA team, If not he would be a good pick up for the 36ers. Any thoughts?

Reply #282210 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boka, see post #282148 & Flinders80 see post #282149 - all of the detaisl already posted - read through the thread!!!

I seriously doubt there is any chance of PAtty coming back to the NBL any time soon. If not for the NBA, he could get huge money in Europe.

Mark my words now, Patty will be playing NBA in 2010/11 season.

Reply #282211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty ain't like that. I'm sure he would rather play here then in europe. But yes any NBA team could do with patty on there roster.

Reply #282212 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agreed about Patty not being about the money, however he wants to focus on ebing the best basketball player he can be, and right now that is not in the NBL.

Reply #282228 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No games featuring Aussies today...but tomorrow:

- Chicago vs Denver (AJ Ogilvy)
- Cleveland vs D-League (Nathan Jawai)
- Portland vs New Orleans (Patty Mills & Luke Schenscher)

Reply #282229 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think youll see Mills in Europe this year, I imagine if he isnt on an NBA roster he would be in the NBA-D trying to break onto one.

But yes, would be the NBL signing of the century in terms of publicity and possibly talent too (if you choose to ignore Anstey's signing in 2006!!).

Reply #282233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Jawai playing for the T'wolves today im pretty sure.

Reply #282247 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No - Jawai played in the Orlando Summerleague for Charlotte, and is now playing in the Las Vegas Summerleague with Cleveland.

Reply #282253 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Not an Aussie, but Sixers related, Mark Tyndale played for the "D League Select" against Suns today.

8 pts (2/8 fg's, 4/8 ft's), 2 rebs & 1 assist in 19 minutes in an 8 point loss.

Could he be looked at for an Import role again in the NBL? He would have two additional years of maturity under his belt and playing in the D League he would be up against fringe NBA players regularly.

Wouldn't think Adelaide would look at him, but could he have a shot elsewhere?

Reply #282262 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Bulls lost to the Nuggets 71-99. AJ Ogilvy came off the bench and scored 2 points on 1/2 shooting to go with 1 rebound and 1 turnover in nearly 8 minutes of action.

Jawai is currently suited up for the Cav's who are in action right now against the D-League team.

Reply #282328 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tyndale was a way off it, being a small forward in a point guard's body. No doubt he would have improved with time, but I dont know that playing in the D-League is the best way to develop.

He obviously has some skills, but imagine the caning an NBL team would get if the signed a guy who was a flop first time around and he didnt produce.

Reply #282333 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai was a DNP - Coaches Decision for the Cav's in their win over the D-Leaguers today.

Reply #282350 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Half time in the Portland game and Patty is having a very good scoring game with 14 out of portlands 38 points shooting 6 from 8 fg's 2 from 4 3p's with 1 rebound 1 assist and 1 steal and 3 to's

Reply #282361 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I think I might have been about the only fan of Tyndale when he was out here, I still think if he had been on a team where he could be the 3rd or 4th option he could be effective...at the time he reminded me alot of Darnell Mee, and I still think he will develop into a similar player but I doubt he will end up in Aus again after his first stint.

Reply #282363 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Patty ended up with 18 points 6-9 FG, 2-4 3PT,
4-4 FT's.

Another solid game, was interviewed after the game by the broadcasters. During the interview indicated that his defence was the main thing he needed to improve on to make it.

Reply #282387 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He was solid again, but he had 1-2 more turnovers than he would have liked, plus he had some trouble containing his direct opponent in this game. Overall I still think he has enhanced his prospects yet again as Summerleague ball is far from pretty basketball.

Reply #282391 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Golden State defeated Miami today. Joe Ingles court time keeps dropping away as he only played 6:33 off the bench. In that time he failed to take a shot and recorded just 1 steal and 1 foul.

Tomorrow's games featuring Aussies:

Bulls vs Clippers (Ogilvy)
Cavs vs Suns (Jawai)

Reply #282393 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

patty played well, did have a few annoying turnovers like when he sorta put the ball over the defenders head then brang it back and the defnded picked it off him, was right after he had a nice seal too so undid his good work.

Solid game though, cant take anything away from that first half he played GREAT. Didnt distribute as much as his first game but 6-9 fg with some freethrows is a nice statline. I think we all know he definitely has what it takes to play as a solid PG in the NBA. He has shown it on so many occasions and if he was playing for a good team he would only play better, as its sometimes a bit hard to run a team in the summer league when everyones out to do their own bit.

Reply #282425 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Bulls thrashed the Clippers, but AJ Ogilvy did not play due to the coaches decision...

The Cav's beat the Suns. Jawai saw 3 minutes of action and had just 1 turnover in that time.

Reply #282488 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Joe Ingles was a DNP-CD today in Golden State's win over Phoenix.

Portland vs Clipers still to come featuring Mills and Schenscher.

Reply #282583 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

You know you have made the big time when you get your picture in the lead off story in ESPN's Daily Dime. Patty has made it..

http://linky.com.au/dvooa

Article half way down the page.

Reply #282588 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

John Krolik (Cavs: The Blog/TrueHoop Network): Nathan Jawai is giving Sofo some competition for "big man whose body most resembles a cube."

Reply #282591 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mills had 12 points on 5/14 shooting (2/6 3PT) to go with 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 4 turnovers in 29 minutes today in a Portland loss.

Reply #282657 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Both AJ Ogilvy and Nathan Jawai could go head to head against each other this morning as Chicago is about to commence play against Cleveland.

Reply #282683 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Cleveland bat Chicago by 1 point.

AJ Ogilvy played 14 minutes and scored 1 point on 1/2 free throws (0/4 FG) alongside 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 turnover.

Nathan Jawai did not play - coaches decision.

Reply #282690 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Cleveland lost to Miami today. Jawai was a DNP-CD.

Chicago lost to Sacramento. AJ Ogilvy played 3 minutes for no stats.

Portland beat Minnesota. Patty Mills scored 12 points on 5/18 shooting (1/7 3PT) along with 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and just 2 turnovers in 33 minutes.

Reply #282773 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nice game Mills. Even with the horrible 3pt shooting, a great stat line..No harm to his chances there..

By the way, thanks for updating this constantly LC. I love having a read of this thread each day.

Reply #282777 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No worries...always happy to spread the basketball word!

Reply #282781 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Cleveland lost to Miami. Jawai was not even listed on the NBA.com boxscore.

Reply #282821 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Chicago lost to Portland.
Patty Mills scored 18 points on 7/16 shooting (4/8 3PT) to go with 1 rebound, 3 assists and 4 turnovers in 30 minutes.
AJ Ogilvy and Luke Schenscher both did not play.

Reply #282844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

guys you need a reality check big time.

1.jawai's nba career is over.
have u guys ever wondered why 3 teams have given up on him in 2 years?

2.ogilvy will never make the nba.

3.patty has far from made 'it'.
- he has never had a guarenteed contract and most likely never will.

Reply #282862 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Another article about Mills on ESPN again today, this time stating that he may have competition from Armon Johnson for the PG back up on the Blazers' roster.

http://linky.com.au/4zcqh

Reply #282933 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I still don't think Mill's is a lock at Portland just yet, although if he isn't, I can still see him getting a gig elsewhere.

Reply #282937 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I have said it before, but I would love him to come to Chi Town and learn from D.Rose. Mills # 8 in red and black would be great!

Reply #282943 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754