Fisher89
Years ago

North v Norwood & Sturt v Forestville

Two big games this weekend in the ABA.

Traditional rivals North and Norwood face off, in what should be a very pysical match up.

Sturt & Forestville will also be a good match up as neither team has a legitimate centre.
Forestville will need to win this to stay in the hunt for the top three.

What is your tip for these games?

I reckon Sturt by 10 & Norwood by 15

Topic #23250 | Report this topic

The Banker  
Years ago

and you couldnt wait unitl Jack Tofts weekly review later this week?

Reply #281009 | Report this post

Fisher89  
Years ago

I havn't been on for a while - apologies

Anyhow I just thought it is good that there are two block buster mens games on this week, ill look forward to the review

Reply #281060 | Report this post

callisto43  
Years ago

The Banker - actually it's a preview, as in before the event.

In any case, another great weekend of ABA coming up.

Reply #281093 | Report this post

jump shot  
Years ago

fisher 89, just for the record there will also be block buster games this weekend in our womens comp as well!!!!

The spectacle doesn't stop with the men or your obviously gender byassed mentality.

Reply #281135 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

haha jesus leave fisher alone, he just came on trying to talk about the games no need to get stuck into him

Reply #281138 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

jump shot - if there are womens blockbusters, try posting about them rather than just bitching because someone made the effort to post about the games they are interested in?

Few things on this site shit me more than "what about the women?!"-types jumping up and down to sulk when they could've spent the same energy actually starting a female-oriented conversation. It's a shame that so few bother to do that or contribute to the ones that have been created.

Reply #281177 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

Stop your whinging, Isaac! There's few things that shit me more than having to listen to you on your bloody soapbox time and time again. It astounds me that you never quite grasp the concept that women always get the raw end of the deal in basketball (and in most sports for that matter). Why don't you just oversee this website instead of throwing in your two cents' worth?!
And let me guess, you're going to delete my post and then block me from your petty little site - well done!

Reply #281187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is a tad harsh, whilst I agree with Isaac in part,and I am female and deplore the lack of coverage or creedence give to female sport in general. It is better to be part of the solution not being part of the problem.

that said when threads are started or when people like EC or Dana post they are howled down or berated at times belittled, perhaps it is that theirs and others views are widely diverse from others it maybe that they are being dumped upon because they are women but without being in the posters heads how would we know if they disagree with the comment or disagree with the gender.

as a whole I think this site has become a placed to snipe and bitch and try to pull down those who try to achieve. It used to be a place of informed debate but now if Jack Toft doesn't have his preview up he is dissed. How many of his positive threads are hijacked by the haters?

Yes I do come along and read but rarely post, somedays it is totally worth a laugh at the inaccuracies and bias somedays it is quite informative.

I must say though if this is a petty site it is not because of its creator. If you feel female basketball would be served better I would suggest that start your own petty site and have like minded people join you.

Reply #281191 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

Sorry love, but my ambitions and salary expectations far exceed that of a petty website. Thanks for the thought though.

Reply #281194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?? Why post then?

If your above this forum then surely you are too important to associate with the likes of us.

Get off your high horse

Reply #281201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

??, another couple of contributions without actually writing something positive about womens basketball? No shit, female sport is always under-represented and I have not thought otherwise - so are male models online or mens netball or many other groups. Take it up with those that are less than interested (customers) or with the Lightning even (this off-season, I don't think I've been told about any Lightning signings). At the professional level, it's about entertainment, not a right to pull huge crowds.

I try to start threads for people to discuss womens basketball and try to discourage people complaining about the lack of content rather than actually creating some themselves. Any of those people have the choice between getting their back up or actually stopping to think "true, maybe I should try to initiate that discussion rather than complaining about its absence."

The forum is largely what people make of it. If you have time to post a paragraph, I'd prefer it be part of the solution rather than the problem.

Anon, thanks for your post. I will say that many would have no idea that EC is female. Dana copped opposition because she was defending Phil when it was unpopular to do so. A number of males had the same opposition, like Bake (I think it was) (as does Joker to Farley-fandom, and The Champ to his love of Woosnam) - they might not have been as memorable because Dana either made contestable points (to which people responded) or was dogged in arguing back.

Reply #281207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, yes I would concede that Dana and EC seem to be dogged in arguing back or some of their stances seem to create a furore.

As I said we can't know what is in the mind of the poster we can ONLY put out own interpretation on what we read.

I would rather be part of the solution but not part of the problem and I believe you try to generate discussion and moderate unruly behaviour, there will always be the haters, whether it be of magic/woodville, or female basketball all topics including those on the sixers etc garner the who cares comments - sometimes IMO it is either someone who is having a bad day and can vent in anon way, or those who want to cause trouble and of course during school holidays we get some more inane comments.

We can't please everyone nor try to. We can only chose what we ourselves want to take on board. I don't believe this site is petty nor bias. Just funny at times, down right insulting at others and informative as well. It is always in the eye of the beholder or how much you've had to drink at the time:)

Reply #281208 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For sure. 'who cares!' posts earn deletion and a banning and that came about from idiots ruining womens topics.

Would sure be handy if people were always more up-beat or constructive. I almost cry tears of joy whenever someone posts with an alias rather than always anonymously.

Reply #281217 | Report this post

point taken  
Years ago

I hear you on that but never feel inventive with an alias

Reply #281225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And now you have a perfectly decent one (that serves as a vague basketball pun too).

Reply #281232 | Report this post

Fisher89  
Years ago

Personaly, I love womans basketball.
Just not at ABA level!!!! - ABA National Finals / Wnbl / WNBA or Australia v USA

Bring any of that on!!!!!

Forestville v Sturt woman, watching the sturt coach pretend to be important - no thanks.....

North v Norwood woman, watching Tania due & crew - no thanks......

Of course if others find it fun to watch, and talk about then good luck to them.

Reply #281234 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754