NBA agent
Years ago

NBA Free agent Tracker

I thought that with the most anticipated free agent season begining I was going to get a complete post on the latest news.

First things first the top free agents
1- LeBron James
2-Dwyane Wade
3- Chris Bosh
4- Dirk Nowitzki
5- Joe Johnson
6- Paul Pierce
7- Amare Stoudemire
8- Carlos Boozer
9-Ray Allen
10- Rudy Gay (r)
11-David Lee

(most underated free agent Matt Barnes)
(Melo maybe traded)

Please keep updating on who's gone where

Sorry if this already a thread

Topic #23261 | Report this topic

Jacob  
Years ago

- Rockets making bosh there number 1 target , probably the biggest surprise soo far. you would have brooks, ariza, battier, bosh and yao, a real force also if they can keep scola and anderson as well as budinger and lowry, formidable team
- bucks make quick move to snap up gooden, thought they may have made pitch to lee, but obvioulsy move from big city new york to milwaulkie was not considered.
- ray allen could take cut and possibly follow big free agents, ie. follow big three to miami..
- minnesota out early on the front foot as well meeeting with both gay, and lee. I think personally they need to move keevin love.
- david lee meeting with 4 teams, but not new york.? (minnesota, new jersey, miami, and chciago) stupid move, they act like they have noone good at all, lee is easily one of the best power fowards going around, 20 and 10 allstar, if im the knicks im snapping up one max guy ie. lebron and then building around that with excess money . eg ray allen
- Byron scott signs as coach for cavs, could help in lebron signing ( i friccen hope so.)
- carmelo trade becoming a real possibility.

Reply #281263 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

rumour on espn that boozer could be headed to orlando in a sign and trade deal. as much as it hurts as a jazz fan to see boozer go it would be nice to get something in return. maybe a sign and trade with redick and barnes or something.

would be interesting to see how boozer and howard would fit in the paint together though!

Reply #281270 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

The bucks waaaaaay overpaid for Gooden,they could have held out and signed him for alot less later in free agency. Now they are about to overpay for Salmons! both on 5 years deals! Horrible, just horrible.
Also Rudy Gay is getting a max contract from memphis...
Seriously, with the new CBA rules coming in next year, and the lack of money small market teams generate what in the world the world are these owners thinking?

Reply #281271 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The Gooden move for the Bucks is probably in recognition that they can't compete with the more attractive cities, so they look for solid contributors/veterans to match with Bogut/Jennings/Salmons

Probably overpaid, but not by much. What else option do they have? Risk missing him, and they end up with the same roster, maybe lose Salmons as well (although I think he has now re-signed)

Reply #281272 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Also Phil Jackson agrees to return to lakers to challenge for another title,

Great News for all lakers fan like myself as we will be winning another championship!

Also the grizzles have agreed with Rudy Gay to keep him in Memphis 5 year total $82M

Reply #281276 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Joe johnson six year deal worth $119
with Atlanta

Reply #281278 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

No Deal, I agree with you on Gooden. I think he could prove to be a good fit for the Bucks, but he is not worth anything close to $32 mill over 5 years. He has repeatedly been in good situations on good teams but failed to stick, so I doubt teams were lining up to sign him. Hammond should have waited. First false move he has made for awhile I think.

I'm really surprised to hear the Bucks are trying to resign Salmons for more than the MLE. I don't see how they can do it, unless the cap figures I have seen on Hoops Hype are wrong.

According to Hoops Hype, they have $48.8 mill committed. Add at least $5 mill for the first year of Gooden's contract and about $1.5 mill which they must commit to their 1st round pick and thats $55.3 mill. The cap would be no more than $58 mill, so they can only pay Salmons up to $2.7 mill this season. (As they are under the cap, they can't use the MLE and they don't have Salmons Bird Rights, so they can't go over the cap to sign him).

Reply #281281 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just read on Brewhoop.com that Gooden may only have been given 3 years guaranteed. If the remaining years are team options, that looks a bit better.

Reply #281285 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Didn't realise it was only 3 years guaranteed...if thats the case its not as bad as I first thought. I still don't like his game, but at least he can provide bogie with some back up offensively.

Reply #281291 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Beantown, Bucks do have Bird Rights to Salmons (Bird Rights are traded with the player), so they can go over the cap to sign him.

Reply #281294 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Gooden's deal isn't vomit worthy if it's only 3 years guaranteed. If it's 5 years guaranteed, Hammond needs to lie under a bus.

I don't mind the cash side of it. He's a MLE type player who was signed at just over the MLE price. The Bucks payed a small premium due to their market.

The Bucks could easily shake up the East next season. I just wonder about the chemistry. The Bucks go way deep. Just need a decent vet PG. They have about $4 mill to spend.

PG: Jennings
SG: Salmons/CDR/Delfino
SF: Mags/Moute
PF: Gooden/Ersan/Sanders
C: Bogut

Apparently, Salmons has also re-signed with the Bucks. 5 years for $39 mill, plus the Bucks still have the Redd chip which they can play. I think Hammond has a trade in the works.

Not a fan of the deals Gay (max $81 mil) or Amir Johnson (5/34).

Reply #281301 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Johnson's just signed with the Raptors

Well Amir Johnson anyway.
Another overpaid player, 5 years for 34 mill.
Considering he only averaged 6 points last year seems a huge pay rise for little production, though with no Bosh next year playing time might increase. Oh if only i was 6"9 !

Reply #281308 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I can't help but think that Amare and Boozer might be the only big names to change teams? I think LeBron might sign for three years with the Cavs and then go to the Nets.

Reply #281318 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Whoops... and Bosh

Reply #281319 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ah, that explains it Mantis. I didn't realise Bird Rights follow a traded player (kinda defeats the original purpose really if you ask me).

All good for the Bucks though. Salmons was a big part of their success in the 2nd half of last season, so I'm glad that they have resigned him. 5 years is too long really, but I think it would have been tough to get a deal done if they only offered him 3.

With Redd's expiring contract to offer up in trade, the Bucks are in a great position to challenge for top 4 in the East for a few years now.

No Deal, I'm not certain that only 3 years are guaranteed. It was just what someone wrote on a Bucks blog. Hopefully the guy is right though and it is only 3.

Reply #281321 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

I like the gooden signing . Better than the Johnson one

Reply #281325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe JOHNSON - Likely to accept 6-years, $119 million from HAWKS.

Ray ALLEN - Likely to stay with Rivers re-signing and once PIERCE signs I think it will be clearer, still may move him.

Paul PIERCE - Should sign 6-year deal with CELTICS for around $95 million.

LeBron JAMES - Still no clear front runner or indication from James himself. CHICAGO, NEW YORK and CLEVELAND seem real possibles. MIAMI unlikely for mine.

Dirk NOWITZKI - Expected to re-sign, only opted out so Cuban could move some cap room around to lure a big FA. Unlikely to do so and Dirk will accept max deal.

Dwayne WADE - Meeting with teams but I think he is more interested in getting a star big man plus a Ray ALLEN type to South Beach. Riley will want WADE, BOSH and maybe JOHNSON or ALLEN.

Chris PAUL - Expecting him to be traded in the near future. Wants out and is worth a mint.

David LEE - Expect NY to chase him hard if they miss BOSH or AMARE. Plenty teams will wish to get him for around $10m a season.

Amare STOUDEMIRE - Almost no chance to stay in Phoenix. I am thinking he will end up in MIAMI or NEW YORK. Not quite sure he is worth $120 million.

Chris BOSH - A definite to move, BOSH just doesn't know where. I think he is playing them like a flute. HOU, DAL, CHI, LAC, MIA, NJN, NYK all candidates.

Carlos BOOZER - The silent mover in the class. Will give you 20 and 10 and inside force but at a hefty price tag. Like AMARE I would hesitate to give him $120 million. I like him in CHICAGO.

Reply #281355 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Steve Blake of the clippers has jumped looker room and agreed to a 4 year $16 million deal with LA lakers as the replacement for Jordan Farmar

Reply #281359 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Paul Pierce is to stay a Celtic - 4 years and $61 million

Joe Johnson to stay a Hawk - 6 years and $119 million

Dirk Nowitzki to stay a Maverick - 4 years and $80 million

Stoudemire is in talks with the Knicks...

Reply #281415 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That Joe Johnson deal is bad.....

Reply #281424 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed TR, glad the Bulls did not chase him after that playoff series against Orlando.
Typical Atlanta move though...

Reply #281425 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A really bad move by Hawks agreed. This guy cannot deliver them a championship to warrant that kind of money.

Reply #281426 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

On Milwaukee's website it says that the Gooden & Salmons deal hasnt been finalized yet because the GM wants to wait for rest of the Free Agencey period to play out...
If I was both of them i would honestly look elsewhere, if they dnt sign you then and there you know they're looking at other talent.

In other news Stephen Jackson has re-signed & Hakim Warrick has signed with the Bobcats, terms of the deals undisclosed. Check hoopsworld.com

Reply #281433 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Captain Dan, I don't know where you are getting your info from but I think you will find Hakim Warrick has signed with the Suns and Stephen Jackson wasn't even a FA.

Reply #281457 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Your info is bad Dan...... Real bad......

Reply #281458 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Amar'e will be a Knick... He's verbally committed.

1yr=$17,200,000
2yr=$18,575,000
3yr=$19,950,000
4yr=$21,325,000
5yr=$22,700,000

Reply #281481 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

Yeah sorry bout that TR and No Deal, i thought i stuffed up, but watchin ESPN and its sayin that Amare has definately sign a 5-yr deal with Knicks worth bout 100-million

Sorry again guys, bout the bad info...

Reply #281482 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And the Knicks still have room for LeBron...and apparently LeBron was OK with the deal - whether than means anything.

Reply #281483 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

Take it back, he cant sign until Wednesday but what do u mean about Lebron ok with the deal?

Reply #281484 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4765014685_18cfda9694.jpg[/img]

Amar'e is only a verbal at this stage.

Dan is correct with this one. Apparently Lebron is more than willing to play alongside Amar'e or Bosh.

Knicks have made a great move...

http://linky.com.au/ur0es

Reply #281485 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Shaq could end up in Atlanta. Two year deal on the table.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67863/20100705/hawks_offer_shaq_two_year_deal/

Reply #281508 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Strong rumours (sounds pretty much confirmed) that Wade and Bosh are going to Miami:

Miami Herald (but being reported many other places if you Google, including on a banner at nba.com)

Reply #281710 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Boozer to Chi-Town. 5 years for $80 mill.

Reply #281734 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBA.com reports Bosh and Wade and signing in Miami.

Boozer hgeading to the Bulls could still result in LeBron heading there. New York and even Miami remain possibilities, although Miami need to clear more cap space (eg. Beasley) to do so.

Reply #281736 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Durant is set to sign a 5 year extension with the Thunder.

Reply #281738 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

- Jermaine O'Neal is set to sign with the Celtics. MLE, with about $5.76 million in the first year of a two-year deal.

- Ray Allen agree to remain a Celtic, signing a 2 year $20 million deal

- Travis Outlaw is set to sign with the Nets, 5 year deal for $35 million.

- Rudy Gay has signed on with the Grizzlies for 5 years and $82 million

- Brendan Haywood is returning to Dallas, signing a 6 year, $55 million deal.

- LeBron is rumoured to favour a Miami deal, although New York and Chicago are apparently still in with a shot

Reply #281833 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

- Ben Wallace is set to sign a 2 year deal for $1.9 million a season so he can end his career in Detroit

- Derek Fisher is in talks with the Heat

- Bulls have reportedly signed Redick to a $19 million, three-year offer sheet. Magic are likely to match that offer as Redick is a restricted FA.

- Luther Head signs 2 year deal with the Hornets worth about $2.5 million a season over two years

- Wesley Matthews signed a 2 year offer sheet with Portland. Jazz are considering matching the offer as Matthews is a restricted FA. hope the Jazz match the offer as Matthews is a guard and could mean less opportunity for Patty should he remain a Blazer.

Reply #282145 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

- Jordan Farmar has signed to play with the NJ Nets next season

- Tony Allen is set to sign to play with Memphis next season

Reply #282180 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If Farmar goes to the Nets and Fisher to the Heat, what will the Lakers do? Will Blake start? Either way, he's not really the type you'd have without a fairly solid back-up, so who might they consider?

Would they contend with Blake starting?

Reply #282185 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

- Isaac, your conundrum has been solved - Derek Fisher re-signed with the Lakers

- Haslem re-signs with the Heat

- Quentin Richardson is set to sign with Orlando, which means Matt Barnes is unlikely to return to the Magic for next season. Could Barnes be headed to Miami?

Reply #282230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, saw that. Next up: why are Minnesota so eager to get rid of Jefferson? Love is a PF and Milicic and their other centre recruit aren't exactly big names. Are they planning on running Beasley at PF and Love at C?

Dampier is in the mix for a Wolves-Mavs trade, but all the talk is about ditching him rather than making use of him.

Sometimes I just don't understand the willingness of teams to offload solid trade options for virtually nothing when there aren't a heap of great free agents around to pick up?

Reply #282236 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kahn has no idea in 'Sota - that's why!

- Ilgauskas is set to sign with the Miami Heat

- Al Jefferson is signed by the Jazz

- Dallas have received Tyson Chandler, Alexis Ajinca from Charlotte whilst giving up Erick Dampier, Eduardo Najera, Matt Carroll and cash considerations

Reply #282326 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ilgauskas and LeBron have always been friendly so no huge surprises there. All their chips are falling into place now.

BTW LC, can you email me? That email address on your profile you use to report spam etc always bounces when I reply. Never get a chance to thank you for all your efforts and upgrade your login so you can sin-bin spam as soon as you see it.

Reply #282332 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Richardson signing in Orlando makes it hard for the Magic to match that Reddick offer sheet now, so good news for the Bulls. Also Matt Barnes in talks with them as well now.

Chandler will have another good year with J. Kidd throwing lobs all season.

LC / TR, what do you think about the Charlotte moves? Is Mike doing the right thing? He had 2 of the same in Chandler and Thomas, and Thomas is younger and less injured, but I cannot see Dampier fitting in with Larry Brown's ways. Another trade, or waive him and salary dump?

Reply #282337 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

I wonder what Dan Gilbert thought when the Big Z rang him to tell him he was joining LBJ at the Heat??? Are we going to see another letter to Cavs fans bagging LBJ for "taking" a fan favourite in Ilgauskas???

Reply #282341 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

DB5, I'm actually not sure if the moves by the Bobcasts will pay off or not. I gues it depends what other moves they are looking to make and manage to pull off...as I do not believe we have seen their last trade just yet.

Reply #282349 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

DB5...

One word that that trade

f***ed...

I'll let you fill in the gaps :)

To be honest, let's see what they do with Dampier's contract, but at the moment, it's a fail.

Reply #282354 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thought you may not like that one TR..

I can see the reasoning though, Chandler had a dud year, and like LC said, expect to see more trades.

Is there a Turkoglu trade happening somewhere?

Reply #282359 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Turkoglu to Phoenix.

Reply #282360 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Al Harrington agreed to a 5 year deal $34 million to the Nuggets.
(already in nuggest big man thread)

Reply #282428 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

- Luke Ridnour signs with the T-Wolves

Reply #282452 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

So in actual fact Charlotte turned Okafor (a number 2 overall?) into a salary dump?

Reply #282459 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Guess you can look at it like that!

Raja Bell has turned down the Lakers and is signing with the Utah Jazz. The Jazz have actually done quite well since Boozer left!

Reply #282491 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Something is brewing in Charlotte..... :)

Reply #282534 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

Mike Miller signs with The Heat

Reply #282606 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Agree - Jazz big winners this off season. If healthy they are certain top four in West, possibly top 2.

Reply #282625 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

To quote ESPN's article:

"Nate Robinson is back in Beatown!"

Link: http://linky.com.au/fueb2

Reply #282678 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Redick to remain at Orlando...the Magic matched the Bulls offer sheet.

Reply #282679 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Corey Brewer signs with th Bulls.

Reply #282680 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

LC, I think you mean Ronnie Brewer.

Reply #282686 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Bulls have paid the price for clearing enough space for two max players. They have now downgraded on Hinrich when they could have kept him and still signed Boozer. They had to have a crack at the big three though.

Brewer is a very average three point shooter from memory - will he fit with Chicago. I can see opponents clogging the lane a lot and making Rose, Brewer etc hit open threes.

Reply #282689 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yeah thanks...my mistake.

Brad Miller signes with the Rockets...does this mean Andersen is on the way out?

Reply #282738 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Glad to have Nate back. I wasn't sure he'd settle for a paycut and a bench role to stay in Boston, but the fit is great for both parties. Boston get a guy who can run the offence when Rondo is off, creates his own shot and can stretch the floor at the 2 when Ray is resting. Nate gets to play for a championship and learn all he can from three future hall of famers plus Rondo for two years, which could then set him up for a bigger contract and a starting role on another team during his prime.

Losing Tony Allen really hurts the Celtics though. He did an exceptional job guarding guys like Kobe and Wade during the playoffs.

Miller signing with the Rockets doesn't look good for Andersen. If Yao stays healthy, the Rockets are looking stacked for this season.

Ronnie Brewer is a terrible fit for the Bulls. I like him as a player, but they needed a guy who can shoot the three. Would have liked him in Boston to replace Tony Allen.

Reply #282762 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Forward Jules Jones set to sign on in Miami.

Reply #282820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Centre Jamal Magloire re-signs with the Heat also...

Reply #282916 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Carlos Arroyo signs on with the Heat.

Chris Paul wants to be traded, and he wants to play in New York...

Reply #283410 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Bulls are considering signing Tracy McGrady if he proves to be healthy in a workout and can convince the team he is willing to accept a bench role.

Chris Paul would prefer to be traded to Orlando - his first choice of team.

Reply #283676 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Good signing for Chicago - if healthy and cheap. Great to have a former scoring champ playing 20 mins on the wings.

Reply #283692 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Would love it, IF he comes off the bench. TMac, Gibson, Johnson, Watson, Asik is a good second unit.

Reply #283694 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Wolves trade Sessions to Cavaliers.

The Cleveland Cavaliers completed their first post-LeBron James personnel move on Monday night, trading troubled guard Delonte West and point guard Sebastian Telfair to the Minnesota Timberwolves for point guard Ramon Sessions, 7-footer Ryan Hollins and a future second-round pick.

Reply #283979 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

One of the biggest Free Agent names left remaining may have finally found himself a new team and home.

ESPN reports that Shaq is set to sign on with Boston for next season.

Link: http://linky.com.au/e07m8

Your thoughts Beantown?

Reply #285108 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delonte West has now been waived by the Minnesota T-Wolves...

Reply #285156 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Earl Boykins has been signed by the Bucks on a 1 year, $1.3 million deal.

I would have rather seen Patty Mills mvoe to the Bucks!

Reply #286568 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

In news I never thought I would read again, Michael Jordan and Kwame Brown are to be reunited.

http://linky.com.au/ayd1l

Mike must be looking for someone to bitch slap again.

TR, I know you have a comment on this pick up...

Reply #286847 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

TR, where are you?

Bobcats are making the news for everything..

Dumped Dampier's contract, gave Darius Miles a workout, looking at Delfino, and now maybe giving Antoine cheeseburger Walker another shot!

In random news, Brandon Jennings has worked out why he did not play for team USA.

It was the shoes!

http://linky.com.au/dugqg

Reply #289391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754