Captain Dan
Years ago

Jawai may get his chance with Charlotte

Nathan Jawai had flight issues from Australia back to the US at the end of the FIBA Argentina - Australia series (Aus 3 - Arg 0). He has the chance to break into the NBA with the help of his Airness, Michael Jordan. Jawai was invited along to the camp but was the only player on the 19-man summer roster missing Thursday.

Good Luck Nathan, you have some talent so show the yanks what we've got

Topic #23264 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Already posted under NBA Summerleague.

Reply #281277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume this means he got cut from the T-Wolves?

Reply #281290 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes...and the fact the T-Wolves signed Darko Milicic to a 4 year deal.

Reply #281296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the Bobcats so imagine my delight at this type of line-up.

G Raymond Felton - DJ Augustin
G Stephen Jackson - Gerald Henderson
F Gerald Wallace - Ismail Muhammad
F Boris Diaw - Tyrus Thomas
C Tyson Chandler - Nathan Jawai

Reply #281305 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

god I hope he gets a run somewhere. Only saw one dunk from him in the NBA last year I want him ripping on those damn rims lol

Reply #281307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ismail Muhammad??

Reply #281310 | Report this post

ballboy  
Years ago

I hope he gets a run, but he did look really out of condition and slow defensively in the recent boomers series, I suspect his fitness might hinder his opportunity in the Summer league.

Reply #281323 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

He looks less fit now than when he was in the NBL, it just goes to show if you don't play, you don't get much exercise except in rare practice sessions.

With Stephen Jackson and Nathan Jawai it'll be the most Australian team in the league by a mile.

Reply #281324 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

rare practice sessions? You realise he would have been at every practice for minnesota during the season right?

Reply #281333 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NBA teams dont practice a lot during the season, as they average a game every second day. Generally they just have low intensity shootarounds with the occasional full practice when the schedule allows.

Reply #281338 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

No excuse for his poor condition though. He would have access to the gym and the some of the best dieting and conditioning experts going around.

He has had 2 years to get rid of the puppy fat. You look at Bogut and he still looked so fit under his shirt and he hasn't been able to go to the gym since his injury.

Based on what I saw of Jawai I don't believe he'll get a gig at this stage

Reply #281340 | Report this post

Bullsfan  
Years ago

Too fat and crap

Reply #281349 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Jawai has to man up and start using his body!!

Reply #281360 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From the Charlotte Bobcats website:

"This Australian center, Nathan Jawai, has a real nice feel for the game. Anyone who can miss the first four practices (travel problems), then fly 14 hours and then look sharp in two practices in one day, has something to offer. The problem is the last thing the Bobcats need right now is one more center. But guaranteed contracts aside, I could see Jawai being more useful to the Bobcats than Ajinca or Gana Diop."

Link: http://linky.com.au/pqa8d

Positive praise despite the big fella obviously lack conditioning.

Reply #281427 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

LC he lacked conditioning when playing for the Cairns Taipans here in Australia, so when he was drafted the team then (Indiana) knew it was gonna take a while before he was running up nd down the floor more than 100% hence why he was traded to Dallas then followed by T'wolves...
It was also prob to release some cap space.

Reply #281430 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He looked in much better shape in Cairns than he is now. He doesnt seem to have any of the footwork that made him such an exciting prospect in 2008.

Reply #281442 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Totally agree Paul. He looks more like he has been out to pasture rather than in a gym!

Reply #281446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isma'il Muhammad plays for Geelong Supercats in SEABL.
Played at Georgia Tech with Our Luke.
Had a trial with Bobcats two weeks ago.
Super athlete -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh_efCaIFbM&feature=related

Reply #281474 | Report this post

boka  
Years ago

WOW hw did I not not ismail muhammad is in australia? Man I remember seein clips of this ages ago he is a fkn beast. looks like his having a really solid season too.

Reply #282426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:50 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754