Bo Hamburger
Years ago

7-2, 260 pound 15yo is the 'small' brother

Interesting read herehere about a pair of teenage Canadian brothers of Indian descent who have got US college scouts intrigued:

1) 17yo who's 7-4 and 285 pounds and getting Sabonis comparisons
2) 15yo who's 'only' 7-2 and 260 pounds

Dad is 6-4 and Mum 5-10.

It got me thinking again about what it would be like to be 7 foot plus: for basketball it's obviously useful, but for just about every other aspect of every day life (car rides, walking in out and out of doorways, buying clothes, etc etc) it must be bloody annoying.

And to be age 15 and7-2? No thanks.

Topic #23268 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canada have a bright future in basketball. Also they have andrew wiggins who will be an incredible player.

Reply #281289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done to mum, that is some effort.

Reply #281295 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I blame the chicken....

Reply #281300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm 6-11 and let me just say this...
low doorways suck!!

Reply #281312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully they play more like yao ming not kenny george or sun ming ming.

Reply #281314 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i wonder how tall the milkman was?

Reply #281320 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Plans...they are the worst for ppl of that height (no im not as tall) I had a friend who was 6ft9 and he would avoid flying and got really pissed of when fat short people got the exit seats over him.

Reply #281334 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

err sorry, planEs

Reply #281335 | Report this post

USAallday  
Years ago

Canada has a bright future in basketball??? where did that come from??? outside of steve nash what canadian has made a difference on the court, don't worry i'll wait... i'd take the best of australia over the best of canada every day of the week

Reply #281345 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Milhouse & Bart made the canadian national team!

A photo of these boys would make this a great link..

Reply #281378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USAallday Canada do have a great future team i think could possibly win spain Fiba world champs 2014. Nash is the Past, Andrew Wiggins is the future.

Cory Joseph, Tristian Thompson, Myck Kabongo, Emerson Murray,Kevin Pangos, Andy Rautins,Mangisto Arop,Duane Notice,Kris Joseph, Olu Ashaolu, Bol Kong,Kelly Olynyk,Andrew Wiggins(Lebron comparison),Andrew Nicholson,Khem Birch, Rob Sacre and of course the boys who started this ling 7'4 Sim Bhullar and 7'2 Tanveer Bhullar. Looks like USA might be in a bit of trouble.

Reply #281386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here is some highlights of the boys.

Reply #281387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

www.youtube.com/watch#!v=g1Y04AMkvdg&feature=related

Reply #281388 | Report this post

USAallday  
Years ago

USA in trouble???? is that some kind of joke??? u absolutely cannot compare the competition level in canada to that in the USA because there is no comparison... it would be like an elite college team playing a high school team... if u read that article u will see that team canada lost to the US by nearly 40 points and i guarantee the USA pulled their horses out in the second half

Reply #281400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yer thats not the point im saying they have a bright future. Most of the scouting reports by coaches are predicting Canada will be the team to beat in the future because they now have a good basketball program. Things change mate.

Reply #281417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Myck Kabongo (6'1 point guard) was good for the canadians in the under18 Americas Tournament averageing 19.8ppg 7.8rpg 6.4apg including 32 points against USA and was guarded by Dr J's son Kyrie Irving who is playing for duke uni this year. Big Canadian Singh Bhullar played well in the USA game aswell with 14 pts(6-10 field goals) 4 rebs (all offensive rebs) and 3 blocks in 17 mins. But the real talent for the Future of USA is Austin Rivers. Rivers scored 35pts against the Canadians in 22 mins. He shot 60% for the tournament (21-35 in 5 games!) from 3 point land.

Reply #281467 | Report this post

USAallday  
Years ago

actually anonymous, some things don't change... and by that i mean canada will NEVER be the team to beat in the basketball world... and i don't care how many points anyone from canada had against the USA, it was a blowout, as in not even close

Reply #281557 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

Canada kicked Oz ar$e in sydney 2000

Reply #281654 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754