Liam
Years ago

The Melbourne Tigers Should Have Chased LeBron

An entertaining thought, what if in the NBL, enjoyable article - http://linky.com.au/2zhgi

"I would have liked the Melbourne Tigers to enquire with the Victorian Government if there was a possibility that they would be willing to pay James $400,000 per game for one season. If it's money that is good enough to be spent on Woods, isn’t the money also just as well spent on James?"

Topic #23273 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

That's an interesting theory. No question that it would generate some publicity regardless if it went through or not.

I think we'd be facing the "Championship was bought and not earned" scenario if it did happen and the Tigers won the championship.

I still like the idea though.

Reply #281371 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Writer of the article needs to do his research;

I'm not disappointed that the Melbourne Tigers didn’t get LeBron James, or any of the other 10 NBL teams

There aren't 11 teams in the NBL these days....

Reply #281373 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Lebron would be taking a huge pay cut!

Reply #281377 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

ebron would never play in the NBL.. not for any money in the world. Could you imaginbe the stats he would put up????? he would make the league look silly.

Reply #281383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"ebron would never play in the NBL.. not for any money in the world. Could you imaginbe the stats he would put up????? he would make the league look silly."

Did you read the article?

Reply #281385 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Yeah, the point of the story wasn't "we could have seriously had a shot at getting LeBron to play in the NBL," it was "If the vic gov is willing to fork out some big cash to Tiger to play for a couple of days, why not fork out some cash to look at something similar for that sport".

Obviously, he's never going to play here, but the publicity you could get by trying to get him would be use. Plus, if a state gov were willing to throw some cash at a player of that kind of calibre, imagine the long term publicity.

Reply #281391 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

LeBron wouldnt play in the NBL..He couldnt afford to look bad in his reputation by getting blocked or beaten by someone here. Imagine him trying to ban 10HD from showing the games then!

Reply #281394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Linkbait and little else.

Reply #281409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

should get iverson down here.

Reply #281438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754