shot daddy
Years ago

Dunlap wants credit for championships

A group of us hoopster were sitting around talking when one of the guys said he was talking with Dunlap and he said he was the one who laid the foundation for Smyth to win his championships.Just wondering what others thought about this statement.I offered firstly Smyth took over from Claxton not Dunlap.Cattalini was a basket case under both Smyth clearly got the best out of him he became a superstar .Mee and Brookes were recruited by Smyth as was Rees.Davis had been with us and Dunlap was trying to get rid of him and he also played great for Smyth.Marsy was going to be a champion where ever he played he was a gun when he came out of the A.I.S.In fact he played well under Shipway.Sapwell was on the way out and was struggling Smyth thinned him down and gave him confidence and he became a spark off the bench.Rillie was recruited by Dunlap so he could claim him but if that's a foundation please stop trying to talk yourself up.Ninnis and Brogan were 9 and 10 and he didn't even have anything to do with them.Why do the American coaches try to sell themselves so much and want credit for stuff they never did especially if an Aussie guy gets a better result?

Topic #23275 | Report this topic

Ushiro  
Years ago

The older I get, the better I was.

Reply #281372 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Smyth won 3 & deserves them all. It's not like The AFL where you acquire a list & draft picks & a 5 year plan. Bball teams can be put together very quickly. That's like saying Heal was responsible for the Dragons championship after recruiting Ingles! I think Goorg was the man. Tell him his dreaming...

Reply #281376 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Dunlap was incapable of coaching anyone but kids. Didn't relate to players who actually had thoughts of their own. It appears that he now actually is acting like a kid (if you don't want to play my way, I'll take my ball and go home). IMO he won't be fondly remembered as the 36ers coach, by a lot of people, and for a lot of reasons.

Reply #281384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunlap is a cock

Reply #281402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is a cock, or was a cock? or both? Past, Present and Future?

Reply #281423 | Report this post

Roger Murdock  
Years ago

if dunlap really believes that he also probably has a picture of himself on the ceiling above his bed

Reply #281462 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754