Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Training Days this week

Are 36ers holding trials for training spots? Did anyone hear anything about the date if that is true.

(Mod: Title and date updated - might as well make this the official Training Days thread.)

Topic #23282 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was today champ....

Reply #281465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, today. They have invited the import from Centrals !!! So we have an import from the bottom team in the try-outs. Not sure what that means.

Reply #281466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who else attended the trial outs??
i here they are offering up to 4 spots to the top performers at the trials

Reply #281468 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

is this open or invite only

Reply #281469 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Are there many other "imports" apart from Rudi at Forestville?
BTW Rudi is a very good player and should be up there in Woolacott medal votes, but not in the mould of player we need, or am I wrong (not for the 1st time)?

Reply #281470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

by rudi do u mean riley?

Reply #281471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all clubs were sent emails last week and they were (at our club anyway) past on to the abl team to register for the trials. i think it was open to anyone and everyone but i could be wrong. it was for the under 24 development spot and a back up for that spot and around 3-4 training spots. Would have been interesting to see who went, and if there was any younger guys from interstate tryout for the development spots

Reply #281473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have invited the import from Centrals !!! So we have an import from the bottom team in the try-outs. Not sure what that means.
Not much. See Anon '473 above.

Info was also posted on the 36ers site and Boti mentioned it too.

Reply #281486 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Yeah, Riley also. Him & Rudi are working well together.

Reply #281488 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems Dodman Vaseljevic Daly Maynard are pretty good and invited back.

Reply #281494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maynard was going to college

Reply #281510 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

What about the lighting are they having training spots?

Reply #281511 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More names:

Clarke told Nagy that promising young local players Trent Fildes, Brandon Brine and Tom Daly had been impressive.

"I thought Trent was going to go to college (in the US) but he said he wouldn't be going now," Clarke said. "Brandon is pretty raw but I'm glad he's come out and gotten a taste of what he needs to do. Tom Daly has been around this environment for a little while and clearly recognises he has to be a leader."

Michael Florence and Brandon Brine (Southern), Jordan Dodman (Eastern), Josh Bond (West), Wade Pidock and Zane Reeves (Central), Trent Fildes and James Boonstoppel (Forestville), Tim Klaosen, Tom Daly and Corey Maynard (Sturt), Sammy Gazzo and Lachlan Prest (South), Pero Vaseljevic, Matt Lycett and Rhys Elliott (North), Ben Howell and Peter Hooley (Norwood) will participate in Tuesday's second trial.

Reply #281521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Some video footage:

Reply #281522 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I also though Corey Maynard was heading to college too?

Reply #281528 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Anyone else think Dodman is looking pretty fit in video. Maybe he is worth a look in again.

Reply #281529 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Dodman has butter hands and can't catch a pass on the break. He's still not worth it.

Reply #281530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom Daly will be a shoe in

Reply #281535 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

If we sign Dodman i will kill myself.

Reply #281544 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Oh my goodness! Don't do that.
Betta break it to you gently. Gotta feeling they will

Reply #281547 | Report this post

xx  
Years ago

Why would someone who is going to college take up a spot at the 36ers tranning when they wont be here for long, let someone else have that spot and give it a go.

Reply #281599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez that uniform looks a little tight on Piddock!!! ;)

Reply #281600 | Report this post

Charon 17  
Years ago

Why? Because they will train with the team when they are on college summer holidays anyway. Most of the college guys have trained with the 6ers the last few years in pre-season. They just won't be considered for development player spots.

They will pick 2 development players (2 of Fildes, Brine or Daly going on what Marty said in the paper) who will get paid to train full time and have other guys (including, in our pre-season, those going to college) come in and out to make up training numbers. It sounds like it will be 4 or so at a time.

Reply #281602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your Mum - please kill me first!!

Reply #281605 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

they either need to sign Josh Bond to a development spot or he has to go to college, to good and to talented to just be playing ABA.

Reply #281613 | Report this post

xx  
Years ago

YOUR MUM what i have heard that he has had talks with a college in the states, but if he was offerd a spot here might stay also heard not happy at west! WHAT THE he has been a west boy for so long not sure if its just talk or if its true but i cant see him moving clubs unless someone has PI---- him off I know he knocked back a spot with Mt Gambier at the beging of the year but maybe thats where he needs to go next year more exposure in sebal than here ....

Reply #281617 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would someone who is going to college take up a spot at the 36ers tranning when they wont be here for long, let someone else have that spot and give it a go.
Good for their development and good for the 36ers to keep tabs on them and build a relationship.

Reply #281621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would not be surprised if dodman gets picked. 36ers r shit with pickin good players they dont want 2 go out and find players interstate

Reply #281711 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Picking a big with some proven ability (for a development player) wouldn't be the worst idea given that one of the back-ups is currently Dowdell.

There are bigs interstate, but how many are guys with good stats who've messed up (Conn, etc) or are termed headcases by some (Cullen, etc)?

Any names you had in mind specifically?

Reply #281717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rember its for a development player so whats wrong with picking dodman it would be good for his development..........

Reply #281727 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Any and all have the potential for development. No doubt people will bag who gets in and whose left out - thats a monty. Im all for developing the young kids who show good skill level and sense of the game...dont care how old or young they are.

Reply #281766 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agree Anon, lets not let the young guns slip through the cracks again - merely due top politics.

Reply #281767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754