SKYHOOK
Years ago

Most vocal supporters

Who would you pick to be the most intimidating home/away team crowd? And why ? ...

Gower might say eastern after his recent run ins ..

Topic #2330 | Report this topic

GoTigers!  
Years ago

Gotta tell you right now its the plex. They are going crazy about their team right now. Seems they have been starved of success for a while and are lapping it up out there. They got lions mascots, cheer girls, half time entertainment, free easter eggs (i didnt get one. damn) and a cheer squad of 14 - 18 yr old kids that are downright rude and loud to the away teams but its all good.

Reply #26226 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

thanks for that .. i havent been down there yet .. Ricky simpson was a coach of mine at School and told me recently it is pretty "exciting" place to be .
Good luck to them .

Reply #26228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unfortunately, it's definitely not Pasadena!

Going by last year, Eastern and Southern were into it.

Reply #26244 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

The Plex was crazy on saturday ive been a centrals support through the bad times ... and the crowds this season have beeen crazy ... i almost couldnt get a sit when i got there late on saturday ...its no longer a happy play were other teams come for a win and some percentage

Reply #26309 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

'most vocal' - well I've been to the Plex and the Mount this season and it's not the Eastern supporters. Centrals crowd was pretty good, their voice over guy gave it up in game two and the crowd responded, put some pressue on the Flmaes boys.

There's maybe one or two supporters who follow Eastern around who haven't caught on that saying the same thing over and over doesn't win any friends, nor is it funny, and that when they have 10yo kids around them using F-this and whatever else consitently at the referees doesn't set a great example for Saturday morning games!

Only an isolated few, the rest of the Eastern crowd was good, but not as 'into' the game as the Centrals guys.

I'm sure every club has supporters who act like this though, it's just been highlighted here before, and experiencing it for the second time (I saw it last year) was enough for me to post something about it!

Reply #26311 | Report this post

D'Mac  
Years ago

Eastern has by far the most intimidating crowd but i would hav 2 admit its pretty good down pasadena

Reply #26331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754