jacob
Years ago

who do the heat go after now ?

they have 4 of their 5 staters sorted... now who ?

mike miller, brad miller, luke ridnour ? have all been floated, and apprently they have 3 2nd round draft picks waiting to be signed, deshaun butler being one of them ( anyone know the other 2?)

be interesting to see what pat riley does now. who they get at the centre. i have sneeky suspicion that shaq still wants a ring for the king, and could be at south beach too !

imaging the heat with chalmers, wade, lebron, bosh , shaq.

and then ridnour miller haslem butler and joel anthony off the bench .

any thoughts ?

Topic #23320 | Report this topic

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

No Funding!!!

Reply #281999 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

they need a deadly 3 point shooter so the help defence cant close in on bosh and to spread out the penetration room for lebron and wade
also a solid centre who can get like 8 points and 8 boards a game would be very nice and would shift bosh to his true position at the 4 spot

Reply #282004 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Jason Williams would be nice at PG.

Reply #282010 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mike Miller is rumoured to be about to sign on with Miami, and Williams is being targeted for the PG.

Reply #282014 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

J-Will and Mike Miller Rumored to be signed which is a good start, That would take care of Back-up PG and a Shooter. Two Definite needs for the team.

They need a Defensive Center and Just Depth In General. There 2nd Rounders Pittman and Vernado are in with a good chance
Especially Vernado who was all-time Blocks Leader at Miss. State and was first player in NCAA to score 1000pts, 1000 Rebs, and 500 Blocks.

Other Than that I can see the likes of Jerry Stackhouse, Kwame Brown(Good Defenceive Center despite being a Bust), Ben Wallace etc

Reply #282020 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I don't like this heat team one bit.

3 stars, yeah sure, but only one ball.

Good defensive teams will swamp any star who has the ball because they don't have the shooters on the court.

I'ts fine to say, we'll add mike miller or J-will etc, but where will miller play? LBJ and Wade play his spot, so really, he has 16 minutes per game tops to play...

And what will the likes of Rose, Rondo etc do to old white chocolates D????

Not paint defence to speak of, and nothing on the horizon....

Maybe Rasheed????!!!!!

Reply #282025 | Report this post

Jimbo Slice  
Years ago

Don't be silly Quagmire.....not 1 nba team can shut down this trifecta....please....it's hard enough to close down one of these guys let alone all three at the same time....this is the new dream team. If these guys stay healthy and can handle the pressure from the media, get ready for the end of the Lakers threepeat dreams. Pat Riley knows what he's doing. Defenses will run themselves ragged trying to stop these guys....

Reply #282031 | Report this post

Jimbo Slice  
Years ago

I'm calling it right now dwayne+lebron = 50-55 points per game avg....add in Bosh's points and the rest of the squad's points.....you do the math....question: how many points will a team have to score to outscore the Heat?......answer: too many

Reply #282032 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

A good team can still beat a team of good individuals!! I am hoping they really underachieve!!

Having said that, I have lost interest in the upcoming NBA season and probably the next couple after that!!

Go Adelaide 36ers!!

Reply #282033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaq!!!! and Mike Miller and J-Will all on minimum wage.

Reply #282040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jwill playing the point thats all they need, they'll be set

Reply #282041 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

2nd 5 for the heat, all playing summer league :
PG - Patty Mills
SG - Joe Ingles
SF - AJ Ogilvy
PF - Nathan Jawai
C - Luke Schencher

All sign for minimum contract, have a set where there is 2 low posts and a high post in the case that the 3 bigs are on the court together! Too easy, but I wish.

Now on a serious note, I think Brad Miller will be a good chance to sign because him and LeBron are tight.. he would be alright for the team?

Reply #282045 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

mike miller will get plenty of minutes because wade will play the point. wade played point guard for alot of last season.

Reply #282049 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

The likes of shaw and j-will are going to take min wage as they are in their last years and want a championship.
Mike Miller will be a good back up signing

J-will will lead the NBA in Assist.

and remember pat riley will just say to those players hes trying to sign Championship.

These three players managed to work together at the olympics with a team that had nothing but champions.

Teams are going to struggle they need three great defensive players to just minimse their impact the new big three.

Reply #282050 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

All three of those guys are unselfish. Traditional positions will go out of the window with this team. Either of LeBron or Wade can play point and let Miller wait on the 3pt line. Wade is one of the best players in the league at moving without the ball and LeBron is a natural playmaker. I dont see any problems.

I cant see anyone in the East stopping them if all three are fit for the playoffs.

Reply #282054 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

I'm thinking brad miller or shaq at the centre . Mike miller they saying done deal almost . And fisher meeting with heat tomorrow .

Dj nice job .

Reply #282063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yer DJ nice job! AJ ogilvy is a brilliant SF isn't he.

Reply #282065 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Mind you he could play sf for that heat team .

Reply #282068 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

They should sign Nick Van Exel and Steve Francis....one can dream right? My friend created a facebook page to get the Heat to sign them.

Reply #282072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=coon_larry&page=heatbuildingtime-100709

14.5 mill for Bosh, James
14 mill for Wade

Approx 8 mill salary cap left

Miller, Haslem to join?

Reply #282084 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

D Fish on the horizon. the heat offered 4.5 mil for next year. the lakers only offered 2.5 mil

Reply #282097 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

With either Fisher or White Chocolate @ point guard the Heat will be contenders. As already mentioned, what teams are deep enough defensively to shutdown all 3 of these guys? I lean more to signing JWill as he has played with Wade before and is a pass first PG with solid handles, sure Rondo made him look average but Rondo was playing out of his skin

Reply #282140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754