Skippa
Years ago

Miami Heat Roster

If some vets are willing to give up some coin could you imagine a roster like this -

James
Wade
TMac
Bosh
Shaq

Mike Miller
Iverson
Chalmers
Haslem
Joel Anthony

Topic #23325 | Report this topic

Jacob  
Years ago

Defence there ?

Reply #282093 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That team will never happen. There needs to be a defensive presence there somewhere.

Firstly, I'd replace Shaq with Brad Miller. Shaq is too slow and clogs up the middle. They need a P&R centre who can step outside a hit the jumper.

Even though he's ancient, can Ben Wallace still rebound and play defence? I'd pay him the vet min just to rebound and defend the low block.

I also think that Riley will chuck the Worst All Star of All Time, Jamal Magloire a min contract.

Reply #282094 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

word is that fisher is in talks with the heat, would be a great fit i reckon!

Reply #282103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Already multiple threads about the Heat roster. I know these are exciting times in the NBA but some consolidation will make it easier for people to keep track of what they're interested in reading.

Reply #282104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fisher/Chalmers/Beverley
Wade/Miller/D.Wright
Lebron/Butler
Bosh/Varnado
B.Miller/Anthony/Pittman

Decent Team. Championship calibar. Varnado and Anthony are excellent shot blockers, You have Brad Miller and D fish who can spread the floor and knock down outside shots while leaving space for Wade and Lebron to drive or kick out to Bosh for mid range jumper.

Reply #282109 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Bosh (#1) + Wade (#3) + LeBron (#6) = Perfect 10

Who cares who else they sign.

Here's a question: If the Heat had to sin only current NBL players to fill out their roster after the big three how many games do you thik they would win? I say 40+

Reply #282121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sign Patrick Mills, Kirk Penney, Brad Newley to minimum contracts.. wouldn't do too badly with LeBron, Wade, Bosh :)

Reply #282125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Mills hasn't played in the NBL and Newley doesn't anymore, but that wasn't my point

Reply #282126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Mills actually could be a good possibility to go 2 miami. Lebron and Wade really rated Patty after the Olympics and if he has a good Summerleague/World Champs surely he would be a good pick up. Also Kirk Penney.

Reply #282134 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

This is perhaps the only website where each NBA off-season transaction is assessed by what it means for Team A, what it means for Team B and what it means for Mills.

Reply #282258 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Because we love him and he is an Aussie! Go Patty!

Reply #282259 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Totally!

Ol' Patto.

The Pattso.

The Pattsaroonie.

The Pattsburg.

Reply #282261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miami Heat team so far:

» Heat add Big Z

C Ilgauskas/
F Bosh/Haslem
F Miller/
G LeBron/
G Wade/Chalmers

Reply #282342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Z is a nice addition and will be a great team player. The pieces of the puzzle are coming together for Miami...

Reply #282344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I would've thought:

C Ilgauskas/
PF Bosh/Haslem
SF LeBron
SG Wade/Miller
PG Chalmers

?

Reply #282348 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see who they start actually Isaac, I think they may go with Anons starting group. LBJ or Wade can bring the ball up the court and with both players being very good keyway penetrators it would be beneficial to have Miller on the court as that 3pt shooter. I think the Big Z is a good pick up too as they can use him in the pick and pops and Bosh in the Pick and Rolls. All slowly coming together in my honest opinion. I wonder if they could pick up someone like Barnes as a key defender?

Reply #282351 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Mike Miller has more right to be part of the big threethan Bosh. At least he won a rookie of the year. What has Bosh ever won? (or done?)

Reply #282549 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

A Gold Medal?

Reply #282584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/index.html?nav=page

Joel Anthony has resigned with the Miami Heat.. it's shaping up!

Reply #282697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:12 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754