Josh
Years ago

Childress goes Stateside

Josh Childress, who has spent the last couple of seasons in Europe playing for Olyimpiakos, has agreed to terms with the Pheonix suns. this adds some more defence and someone to run with Nash and Richardson on the break.

The suns also deal Leandro Barbosa to the Raptors for Hedo Turkoglu. Turkoglu can provide the 3's that Barbosa did and can also come out when the game is on the line to knock down big shots.

But does anyone really believe that they've made up for the loss of Stoudemire?

Topic #23334 | Report this topic

Elite  
Years ago

You are not going to make up for Amare in a hurry. But they are good signings in my opinion. I love Josh Childress.

Suns have become very long now, particularly if Early Clarke starts getting minutes.

Reply #282189 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

If im a suns fan i'm very happy with these signings. Barbosa had dropped off a little from his prime in 2005 and you certainly dont lose anything in a straight swap with turkoglu.

I am also a huge Childress fan and i'm very happy to see him back in the League!

Reply #282191 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

This puts the Suns one Richardson injury away from possibly the only white starting 5 in the NBA in many years....

Nash
Dragic
Turkoglu
Amundson
Lopez

Reply #282205 | Report this post

Tipo  
Years ago

Amundson is no longer a sun and childress would start at sg if Richardson goes down ;-)

just sayin

Reply #282208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and dragic wouldnt start at the 2 :)

Reply #282209 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cue email from Jesse Jackson.

Reply #282219 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

great singnings cant wait to see Josh Childress back in the NBA as well as seeing Hedo in a team were i think he is a perfect fit.
Excited on the start of the nba season

Reply #282222 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Amare = overrated

Reply #282231 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Childress is a good signing but I reckon they have paid him too much.

Reply #282232 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

I reckon Suns will be close to as good as last year. Amare will fail in New York without Stevie Nash there to deliver the ball to him. Somehow pick and rolls with Raymond Felton won't run as smoothly.

On the flip side Turkeyglue will get some more open shots with Nash, and can also get on the back side of a pick and roll with him for some pop outs.

Reply #282241 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754