Josh
Years ago

Tony Allen to Memphis?!?!

Tony Allen has left the Celtics to join the Memphis Grizzlies. Allen was a key player off the bench in the Celtics run to the 2010 finals and showed his worth by effectivley defending Kobe Bryant.

But now he's taking slightly more money, for a worse team and might not even get the minutes he was in Boston.

he'll be battling for minutes in the back court against players such as Michael Coneley, Marcus Williams, O.J Mayo, Xavier Henry and possibly even Ronnie Brewer.

This makes no sense at all from a basketball standpoint, what do you guys make of it all?

Topic #23336 | Report this topic

LAKERS  
Years ago

Sucks to be Boston!!

Reply #282224 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Already posted in the NBA Free Agent Tracker thread...

Reply #282227 | Report this post

pme  
Years ago

I think it's a good thing for the Celtics. I think the guy is a very average player.

Reply #282256 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Won't make a rat's ass of difference to the Celtics.

Reply #282267 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

As a fan of the grizzlies, he will get minutes. Williams is gone and Brewer probably go too, which is why we signed Allen (Brewer replacement).
We really need a good perimeter defender and that is what Allen is, he will probably get 20 min a game as a back up to O.J. and Conley.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by the grizzlies this year as we now have a very solid group of young players who had a big improvement last year even with a horrible start and the Iverson debacle. Thabeet should improve this year and we now have a solid bench rather than playing all our starters to death every game because no one was good enough to support them.

nice to see any topic on the grizzlies as i feel like im the only fan in Australia.

Reply #282279 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

forgot to add that we offered him three years and i don't think the Celtics were willing to match the length rather then the $

I think our GM was at the Celtics when Allen was there so he may have convinced him to join the young rising team rather than stick with the same old yet better one.

Reply #282280 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

As a C's fan, i would like them to try and get Brewer. Kinda exchange program. He is young, can play good D, and has a nice game. He is limited a little like TA but think he would fit in easy.

Reply #282307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754