Septic
Years ago

Hodge to sign with Taipans

Word out of Cairns is that Julius 'Cancer' Hodge will be signing with the Taipans in the not to distant future.

Topic #23344 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Word out of Cairns"? LOL

Reply #282298 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

not a good idea......the end is near enough without hodge bringing it forward.

it sounds like a vicious rumour,very nasty indeed!!!

Reply #282301 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they should temporarily fold and take one for the 'team' so hodge goes back to where ever he came from.
HAHAHAHAHAH

Reply #282303 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

meh

Reply #282304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a rumour.

Was in Cairns last week and this was mentioned in an article in the Cairns Post. The CEO of the Taipans laughed it off. He said that Hodge's agent put out feelers to the Taipans and they declined the offer.

Sorry people, I don't believe this is the case!

Reply #282305 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

^^^^ yes great news

Reply #282311 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Wow!!

Reply #282318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yey!!!excited now i hope ben wallace starts on him then hodge lays on the bench so i can throw bear at him. LOL

Reply #282320 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Can't see Hodge playing NBL next season - no team besides the Tigers is going to pay him the $$$ and the Tigers imports are done and dusted.

Hodge still has aspirations of NBA (tried not to laugh whilst typing that).

Reply #282325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is a funny rumour, but it's not true

Reply #282329 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hodge is not a big money import any more. He isnt budget either, but he does not have the bargaining position he did a couple of years ago. Still, I dont think he is the tyoe of import Aaron Fearne would be after - they already have one inconsistent import who isnt a big fan of defence.

Reply #282330 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW, there was talk a while back that Cairns were looking at Liam Rush for the SF spot, has there been anything more on that? And does anyone know how Liam's recovery from injury is going?

Reply #282334 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I was gonna say...

His dispute with Adelaide was over non payment, but then he's going to try to sign with a team that is on the brink of going bust every year? lawl.

Reply #282338 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dusty_Rychart: Hodge isn't coming to Cairns unless he's on vacation or accepts a huge paycut.

Reply #282370 | Report this post

Hodge is Dodge  
Years ago

Hodge NBA BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That ship has sailed. I hope he reads this so his dreams are shattered. Show us your jumpshot....

Reply #282371 | Report this post

Gravity Man  
Years ago

Hodge will not play in the NBL this season no team wants him because hes money hungry and has a crap jump shot,with cairns situation they cannot afford HODGE.I be in shock if he signs with Cairns

Reply #282406 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Taipans would be idiots if they signed the Hodge. He doesn't belong in our league and still sucks for a jump shot.

Bring on someone with a clutch shot to bring us memories in any team.

Ebi Ere is welcome back to the NBL if he wants.

Reply #282518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge doesn't belong in the league because he doesn't have a jumpshot?? he can flat out score the basketball, just look at his numbers, those players don't come around everyday, easily one of the best talents we've had in the league for the past 10 years. Corey Williams has a suspect jumpshot and he just won MVP, you saying he doesn't belong here either? John Wall can't shoot to save his life and he was the number 1 pick in the nba draft. Yes he has his issues but when your a struggling club and you need people in the door you take a shot at it, he brings people to the games just by himself.

Reply #282677 | Report this post

hmmmm  
Years ago

This all started when Hodge tweeted that he wanted to play in Cairns. Perhaps his new agent is getting him to do his own research.

Reply #282687 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754