Igotmadskills
Years ago

NH: The Hurt Locker

I watched the Hurt locker last night and its not a bad movie
But
one of the main characters looks like Sir Hodge so without giving it away I kept hoping for something explosive to happen.

Topic #23365 | Report this topic

bolks  
Years ago

i was disappointed with the movie when i saw it the other night. no where near as good as i had planned it to be in my head.

Reply #282779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How that won best picture over avatar is beyond me!!

Reply #282782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Avatar was garbage.

Reply #282809 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Avatar wasnt fantastic..but omg was it more interesting than Hurt Locker. The Green Mile was a better depiction of the Iraq war than Hurt Locker.
I was bored watching it.

Reply #282810 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

The Hurt Locker had great cinematography, and some of the most tense and realistic action sequences I've ever seen. I'd rather watch it 1000 times than see Avatar again, personally. It did fail in terms of sheer entertainment value though - certainly not a movie to watch if you just want to turn your brain off and have some fun. Green Zone, which was also set in Iraq, was far better for that.

Can't say I noticed any Hodge resemblance when I watched Hurt Locker - I assume you're talking about this guy?

Hodge impersonator?

Reply #282824 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sanborn was the Hodge-lookalike.

Skud, you're thinking of Green Zone which I preferred also even if it was just like another Bourne film (though I love those).

Didn't really like Hurt Locker much and thought it was oddly structured and unsatisfying. I would've given Best Picture to Inglourious Basterds.

Reply #282830 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Reply #282832 | Report this post

Dave&Marg  
Years ago

"I would've given Best Picture to Inglourious Basterds."

Agree.

Reply #282840 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

The Hurt Locker was a very good movie, I don't know why people disliked it so much, but I agree there were more deserving films. I was hoping Inglorious Basterds would get it too. 18 years since Reservoir Dogs (good lord, its been that long?) and Tarantino is still making wildly entertaining, kick-ass films.

Avatar did not deserve Best Picture and I'm glad it didn't get it. It's a technical wonder of a movie, no doubt. It truly deserved almost every technical award. But to win Best Picture, you've got to have such things as good writing, acting, character development and so on. Avatar had none of these.

Reply #282853 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

the Hurt locker= dog food. only won because the dodgy americans want people to think they are doing the right thing in iraq.

Reply #282854 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

JOaRiDrAN, have you seen The Hurt Locker? It's certainly not a pro-invasion movie.

Reply #282865 | Report this post

William Wallace  
Years ago

JOaRiDrAN, have you ever met any or know any americans??
I have been to the states (new york is the greatest city on earth) plus a lot of europe (russia, scandinavia, UK, France, Germany etc). My old work is an american owned company and most americans are the kindest, most compassionate people on this earth. I get really defensive when people call them names like yourself (dodgy americans). of course when you have a population of over 300 million and you were to class 1% of them dodgy thats still 3 million, but over 95% of them are good people who only want the best in this world.
I tell you now the planet is much safer with the US as our policeman and army.

Reply #282868 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I disagree with the Avatar haters in here, that movie was game changing and should have got best picture IMO and i didnt mind the hurt locker (i love a good war movie) but it was no where near as good as Avatar. Avatar has now set the bar for anyone who wants to make a CG movie, but i dont think no one can F*%ks with it...

Reply #282926 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Avatar should have got best visual effects, and it did (as well as art direction and cinematography.) From an eye-candy perspective, it's unquestionably the best CGI movie ever. Apart from that, it was a vacuous pastiche of Hollywood cliches and new age spirituality. IMO, YMMV, etc.

Reply #282928 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

....it was a vacuous pastiche of Hollywood cliches and new age spirituality...

Margaret, David and hereschenes At The Movies

Reply #283275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754