mystro
Years ago

Kendrick Perkins on radar for Tall Blacks

just read on www.stuff.co.nz that the NZ Tall Blacks staff have been in contact with Boston Celtics Centre Kendrick Perkins estranged father who resides in New Zealands South Island in the hope of getting him to play for NZ.

Boston Celtics centre Kendrick Perkins is a long-term project to play for the Tall Blacks.

New Zealand assistant coach Dillon Boucher said the NBA star was on their radar as a prospective member of the national squad, although not for the upcoming world championships in Turkey.

Perkins' estranged father Kenny Perkins lives in Christchurch and was a veteran of the New Zealand National Basketball League in the 1980s and 90s.

"I believe some contact has been made with his father," Boucher told the Waikato Times.

"He's out for about six months now with an injury but we'll probably go down that avenue in the next year or so.

"We don't know what his eligibility will be in terms of being able to play for us but it's definitely something worth pursuing.

"It would be awesome to have him playing for the Tall Blacks."

Would be pretty cool but still gotta laugh

Topic #23399 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Who knows - Kaman played for Germany!

Reply #283307 | Report this post

aussieboomer4eva  
Years ago

If they get Perkins, we should at least get Kyrie Irving.

Reply #283308 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

he'd be dope bangin bodies inside the paint in a black singlet but i'm not gonna hold my breath lol
be way more stoked if the Breakers got Sean Marks this season or even next season

Reply #283342 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Sean Marks is really annoying me. The WC's is 5 weeks away (28th august start) and he hasn't given any indication as to whether or not he is playing for us.

Reply #283347 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Who knows - Kaman played for Germany!

Yeah, and that turned out well!!

Reply #283485 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Marks has said that he wants to play but he has just started shooting again in his rehab from shoulder surgery.

I think he is an outside chance, and it depends on how quickly it can come along in the next week or two.

Reply #283490 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Shawn Bradley also played for Germany.

I can only think when Kendrick is informed of the nickname for the NZ team he'd intially be offended without knowing the history behind it.

Reply #283578 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Kendicks dad has come out and said that his son has no desire to play for New Zealand and that it's his goal to play for the USA. Good luck with that Perkins lol

Reply #283679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are they contacting his dad he's not the one they are after why dont they contact perkins or his agent all seems very unprofessional it's all pretty laughable. He'll never play for tall blacks.

Reply #303339 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754