Camel 31
Years ago

Phoenix Suns on the Gold Coast

Seems there's a new AFL team called the Suns.
Sometimes I wonder , with the course of history, how the Suns will react to this.

Topic #23417 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I am not sure that a team in another sport will have the same issues that Townsville had.

Reply #283585 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps being in another sport , then - maybe no issues.

( A district basketball club , here in ADL , had problems with Miami.)

Reply #283587 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

On a side note the uniforms and song.....ouch.

Reply #283617 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I read the phoenix suns liked the idea.

Reply #283619 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While only yesterday I read that bizarre news story on the misuse of the Crocs name - could it become -
Will the real SUNS please stand up.
The Phoenix Suns would like to make an announcement that we are not participating in the 2011 Australian Football League.

Reply #283623 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

While I'm a huge fan of 'Blaze' nickname (pun intended) I was pretty crapped off when the Club's first choice of 'Heat', couldn't be used because Miami NBA threatened legal action or something similar.

I never realised that a similar thing happened to Townsville causing them to adopt Crocs. I think this is a much better nickname anyway.

As for the GC Suns, it was not my original choice. But the local consensus however, is that it's better than not having any nickname at all which is originally what they we going to do.

I'm just wondering if the eventual crowd chant next season will be the same as Townsville's "Suns-Up, clap-clap-clap, Suns-Up"

Reply #283727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754