Isaac
Years ago

The canned LeBron partying in Vegas story

It supposedly got pulled from ESPN, but Deadspin saved a copy of an article about LeBron partying in Vegas. Read ESPN's Spiked Story About LeBron Among The Naked Ladies In Vegas

ESPN are saying that the piece didn't go through the proper editorial processes but Deadspin seems to believe it was pulled for other reasons.

What's your theory?

Pressure from advertisers who back LeBron?

From an ESPN-related tipster, to Deadspin:

Folks who write/tweet/whatever for ESPN or any ESPN affiliated outlets/blogs are being asked not to acknowledge the cached story and/or the fact that it was spiked.

Topic #23457 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm buying it. But then, ESPN is probably cleverer than I am, so who knows.

Reply #284432 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Interesting...maybe...who knows?

Reply #284437 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

That's not how you guys spend your weekends?

Reply #284446 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Going to be in Vegas in a week and a bit, so I'll give it a shot.

Reply #284448 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Too much money...

Reply #284541 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Live the dream, Isaac. Live the dream.

Reply #284546 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

... just don't do fake jump shots when you walk around the MGM, mmmkay?

Reply #284552 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Does that mean there will be a party on this forum whilst he is away???

Reply #284553 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LC, you mean you haven't been having enough fun all this time anyway?

hereschenes, excellent advice. Adjusting the itinerary accordingly to better spend that 'fake jumpshot' time elsewhere.

Reply #284555 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Re-allocate to fake running hook-shot, or randomly box out people as they walk past.

Reply #284562 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Is it only me or does this article seem like a non issue? I don't get what all the fuss is about

Reply #284570 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's just curious that a story was put up and then quickly removed and I think that matter would be of interest to basketball fans.

This from ESPN seems somewhat plausible:

"We looked into the situation thoroughly and found that Arash did not properly identify himself as a reporter or clearly state his intentions to write a story," ESPN editor-in-chief Rob King said in a statement. “ESPN.com will not be posting this story in any form.”

Reply #284571 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Get a 'Chosen One' Tattoo to commemorate your trip, I know I would.

Reply #284575 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

It does seem like a plausible and politically-correct explanation Isaac, but it also sounds like a carefully-considered cover story so ESPN can distance themselves from the story for pragmatic reasons. I guess we'll never know.

Since when do journalists have to "clearly state their intentions to write a story" anyway? Surely they aren't suggesting that no one at the party knew that the guy was from ESPN.

Reply #284628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754