ringlord
Years ago

WEST+WESTERN=?

Basketball lovers of the western suburbs ,has there been a deal in between the two lovely clubs? Been away on holidays so you must have missed me.Heard that both clubs had info nights last month,how did the proposition sit with both clubs members?

Topic #23475 | Report this topic

Tipo  
Years ago

It's Happening

Reply #284723 | Report this post

WHat!  
Years ago

Is the deal a merger between the two clubs, or will West run div 1-2 teams while Western will run only lower division clubs?

Reply #284825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

two clubs at 3 - 5 and div 1 & 2 will be rep teams for the association called west adelaide bearcats

Reply #284927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the association will be called west adelaide bearcats what,will the (now) bearcats div 3/4/5 teams be called? Has there been an agreement on playing gear?

Reply #284945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The div 1/2 team will have the same strip as west adelaides abl team[predominantly black]. Wests div 3/4/5 div teams will have a name change by the summer season . The thing i dont get is that both clubs are having try outs independently of each other?

Reply #285073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The div 1/2 team will have the same strip as west adelaides abl team[predominantly black]. Wests div 3/4/5 div teams will have a name change by the summer season . The thing i dont get is that both clubs are having try outs independently of each other?

Reply #285074 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

happy relationships - i dont think so

Reply #285112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Wests coaches will be present at Magics try-outs and if impressed might pick up a few players for the higher divs.If that isn't the case then why weren't any Magic players told to go to the bearcats trys on the 15th?I think that they probably still have to fine tune this association thingy ,and by the winter season probably get things right.If not everything will head the same way as it did with Warriors.It really is crap not being told of what is going on by the clubs management,i think the players and parents deserve better treatment than that.

Reply #285126 | Report this post

why not  
Years ago

I am invloved in one of the clubs and I am totally aware of whats happening just because the management dont come on hoops and boardcast every move doesn't mean people within the clubs dont know whats going on. Maybe if you want more information why dont you approach the club secretaries.

Reply #285132 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

maybe we should be told - rather than guess work

Reply #285138 | Report this post

chad  
Years ago

The forum should be told? Yeah so everyone can bitch, grizzle, moan, bag, talk crap and make things up about the topic. How productive to the whole situation that would be! I mean there are so many high quality, informative and productive postings on this website it should be the first point of call to inform people of what is happening!

Until both parties know exactly what is happening isn't it better to keep your cards close to your chest? Don't the paying members of each club have more of a right to know and that opportunity was presented to them at the information day?

It's a sensitive topic so I think until all the details are ironed out the last thing both clubs need is people ranting on hoops about it!

Reply #285145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well why would I want to turn up to trials to something which is not sorted out. I am moving back to Woodville!!

Reply #285146 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Well written Chad, and anon #285146 HAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK WITH THAT you will fit right in there with that sort of attitude.

Reply #285147 | Report this post

chad  
Years ago

West Adelaide Bearcats Division 1 and Division 2 will be exactly that... West Adelaide Bearcats. SORTED!

Reply #285152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wished Magic people had done that with woodville then maybe they have learnt by their mistakes. Woodville people keeping it quiet till they could take it to their members Magic telling all and sundry. What a difference a few months make.

Reply #285153 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Woodvile were never going to up identity at best magic be div 3 div 4 div 5 - think west have got it right - and magic remain div 3 div 4 div 5
so what has changed - ??
want to play div 1 want to play div 2 join west or woodville want to play div 3 div 4 div 5 join magic
pathway clear - finally common sense

Reply #285162 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

Are members-parents-players at west adelaide bearcats ok with their division 3/4/5 sides changing name and uniforms in the 2010/11 season? And are there any names floating around yet +who pays for the change Basketball sa/ the club /or do the players have to fork it all out?

Reply #285466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wests members have spoken out and there will be no association,at least by next summer season-beyond that who knows? What a stupid idea changing the div 1/2 uniforms and getting the lower divs to change name and strips.BEARCATS FOREVER; but we will still have some kind of a partnership by accepting any worthwhile Western Magic players.

Reply #285730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True is the above statement.My kids off to the cats tryouts tomorrow,so eat that woodville!

Reply #286049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754