Anonymous
Years ago

Patty Mills to Europe

According to Sportando
http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/seriea/11950/virtus_roma_targeting_patrick_mills.html

Virtus Roma is targeting Mills and trying to convince him to play in Europe. ESPN insiders say the Blazers will drop him but will have interest from other unnamed teams.

Topic #23478 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Sac Kings were interested in him.

Reply #284929 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This has already previously been reported on this website in a number of threads over a week ago.

Reply #284931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I havnt seen anything LC, anyway worthy of a new thread. It will be interesting what happens, i hope for the great man up stairs he stays in the NBA otherwise his chances of another NBA gig are all but gone. sactown would be nice

Reply #284934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop sooking LC, starting a new thread will not destroy your computer, it will have no affect what so ever on anyones lives lol

Reply #284935 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

What's with the dislike of starting new threads, it's no biggy.

Ironically Patty would become a better player internationally playing in Europe.

Reply #284936 | Report this post

And for the record, the team, Virtus Roma, has now withdrawn the offer as they say he wants to stay in the NBA.

Reply #284938 | Report this post

oops see here http://linky.com.au/6w3c7

Reply #284939 | Report this post

ben  
Years ago

Didnt Sacremento just sign Pooh Jeter?

Reply #284944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha..Pooh Jeter, what a name!!!!

Reply #284946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC: topics started 446. They were all worth a new thread?
This person found a story, thought it was good and posted it. No harm.

Reply #284948 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Why do people think that playing in NBA at of the bench or nbdl is only way to make a career in NBA... Playing constantly in a good euro team is far more beneficial to his career than sitting and watching a few games with some trainings!

Reply #284951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SACTOWN BABY

lc stop sooking

Reply #284954 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Pooh Jeter......is that with a silent J ??

Reply #284958 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I think Ricey the NBA is held as the top league because of the mammoth amounts of money, but I agree Europe would be a better option than the bench

Reply #284961 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Europe has more money invested in basketball you do realise lol... NBA is the top league because it's what people see more of and it's the American brand for the American sport

Reply #284979 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ricey, I think it has more to do with Patty's stated preference to stay in the US rather than go to Europe.

Reply #284980 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Why you so angry LC? Atleat your name isn't Pooh Jeter with a silent J!!

Reply #284983 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wow - a lot of people uptight just because LC mentioned there has been a previous topic! I hope no one cuts you guys off in traffic!

Reply #284991 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

People just love to hate paul!

I didn't say anyone could not log a new thread, I just pointed out that this news had already previously been reported in other threads!

Patty has regularly stated he wants to remain in the USA to pursue his basketball, whether that be in the NBA or D-League for next season.

Reply #284992 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Unless Portland make a trade it looks like Patty will need to find a new team as they have just signed Armon Johnson

http://linky.com.au/j8w79

Reply #284999 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think this news is good for Patty as I don't think he is suited ot Portland's style of play. I was kind of hoping he would play elsewhere next season, although I do want him to remain in the NBA though - just a team that values what he can offer and a chance to play regular backup minutes.

Reply #285000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree LC - its hard to imagine a coach less suited to patty than nate mcmillan - a joyless dour control freak. the problem is that most coaches in the NBA are very much the same - as is the case in the NBL, which probably explains in part why there are no indigenous players.. patty needs to be in the right head space to realise his potential - part of a communal setting kind of like what paul roos engendered at the swans.. there were definitely shades of this with the cavs under the influence of lebron, even in spite of mike brown's ineptitude - perhaps the heat could be the spot for him..

Reply #285010 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Speak to basketball people in Europe and they think NBL coaches must be the opposite of control freaks with the style we play!

Reply #285014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that figures - most of the euro teams are compeltely overcoached - greece and italy perhaps the worst - and offer little or no scope for players to actually think for htemselves on the court (the problem being they're overcoache in the juniors too so never develop their ability to actually engage with what happens on the court).. lithuania being the exceptions of course - hopefully spain can be inspired by their soccer team who ahve clearly become more 'barcelona' in the last decade or so - when you have a ricky rubio running your team it makes sense to let him go out there and be craetive, just as lithuania did with saras.. most of the teams are simply a refleciton of their culture, which unfortunaltey is very often quite autocratic

Reply #285035 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree, and certainly Spain and Lithuania are two very successful exceptions to the rule. Having said that, there needs to be the balance between creativity when things are going well, and discipline when the other team is getting on top and you need to stop momentum.

Reply #285040 | Report this post

Your Mumma  
Years ago

Interesting read here:
The Blazers have the rights to Johnson, of course, having just drafted him. Patty's situation is a little different. It's been said that Patty is completely unrestricted, and could sign with another team, even today, if he wanted. That's not actually the case. Mills has been given a qualifying offer by the Trail Blazers, but hasn't signed it yet. That's not usual, but it does make him, essentially, a restricted free agent. This qualifying offer is a non-guaranteed contract, so he's basically in the same situation that he was last summer. He'd have to make the team to get a guaranteed, or partially-guaranteed contract.

They have made him an offer which has hasn't signed????

Reply #285050 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He hasn't signed because it is not guaranteed. I believe I read somewhere he was holding out for a guaranteed contract.

Reply #285054 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

unless the make room on their roster (currently have the max 15 players) they can't sign him anyway. Unless that make a 2 for 1 trade the won't have room for him and would assume his agent is looking elsewhere. New York fans are keen for their team to sign him and with D'Antoni the coach I think it could be a good fit

Reply #285057 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

New York would be a great fit for Mills. Love to see him play there or in Miami ;)

Reply #285058 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

"New York fans are keen for their team to sign him"

What/who is your source on that?? Champ33??

Reply #285061 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

LOL! Champ33 has been 'champing' at the bit to see Mills in a Knicks uniform!!!

Reply #285062 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I'd love to see Mills at NY, but no Champ, the NY fans are not asking for it... NY fans in NY HATE international players most of the time! Mostly because they don't know who they are... Plus, after Nate being traded who is same kind of player as Mills, I can't see it happening anytime soon

Reply #285075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh LC a.k.a. Mr almost 500 posts. You look like a d"§k when you point that out. Not everyone hangs around/ or reads HoopsSa posts every minute and is waiting to comment on every mistake. Your life though and good luck with it.

Reply #285098 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

It benefits the whole www.hoops.com.au community to not have multiple posts of the same topic as people can more easily find the information they need when they need it. "Mr almost 500 posts" is clearly better placed than most to identify such duplications. I don't see anything overly critical in LC's initial post. People need to grow a thicker skin.
Also, far from wasting his life as you seem to imply, LC has been a highly valued contributor to this forum. I, for one, am immensely grateful for his informative posts and hope that he continues as such.
Those that anonymously post needless profanity and vitriol at 5:42AM are themselves perhaps not utilising their own time efficiently.

Reply #285107 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Here is a link to a NY Knicks forum topic on it

http://linky.com.au/mgwjx

only just started since Armon got signed

Reply #285110 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Here a couple of me thinks on Patty,
According writer to this article he is the 2nd best free agent under 25

http://linky.com.au/kglep

An according to his twitter his NBA future will unfold soon

http://linky.com.au/oz669

Reply #285231 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Sorry have a bad morning, it should read

"Here a couple of more things on Patty"

Reply #285232 | Report this post

3MW  
Years ago

with Brett Brown as assistant coach in San Antonio, that's always a possibility? SA & Sac-town seem the most likely. Both are west-coast, both have roster spots to fill, both need a little more depth at PG

Reply #285275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think he is too run and gun for SA.

Reply #285294 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Any update on Patty's situation? I'd love to see him in Sacramento running the point with Evans and Cousins on the team.

Reply #285728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pooh Jeter signed as their min wage point guard.

Reply #285748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could get a gig with Atlanta,Chicago,Houston, Indiana(Best Fit for Patty playing time wise) and New Orleans. Who are all looking for a 3rd min wage point guard except possibly Indiana who need a pg playing minutes. So Patricks World Championship campaign could be very crucial for his career.

Reply #285750 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754