ballboy
Years ago

GC Blaze - what next?

With the NBL season coming soon what are the best options for the Gold Coast Blaze roster..

They have mentioned the no deal on Rickert but are there any quality Big Men left without a contract?

They have points left in the cap for some quality players, but who's left??

Personally I'd like to see them keep Rickert even as an import and sign another aussie guard of sorts, perhaps Luke Kendall or Arron Bruce ?

Topic #23506 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carlos Powell

Reply #285199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert

Reply #285200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Karl Malone

Reply #285208 | Report this post

chad  
Years ago

Pero Vasiljevic

Reply #285220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shawntes Gary had a try out on Monday and Tuesday, 6'2 American from NW Tasmania Thunder.

Reply #285226 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Seen Gary play and he can but does not have a good enough outside shot for the NBL.

Reply #285236 | Report this post

MAD  
Years ago

The import from Geelong Ismail Muhammad is the only import in this years SEABL that has enough of an all round game to make the NBL. I don't see this happening though.

Reply #285238 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would have thought they would need a ball handling swingman, as they dont really have anyone who naturally plays the three.

At the moment they look a bit frail, with no centre, no SF and no back up PG, and not a lot of good players without a team.

Having said that, if Worthington cant pick up a Euro gig (and those rosters are starting to fill up too) the Blaze might be his only option left back here. That might allow them to sign Rickert as an import, or back Petrie, Davison, Worthington and Hoare to cover the frontcourt and sign an import in the backcourt.

Petrie, Worthington, Harvey, import 1-2, Gibson
Garlepp, Davison, Hoare, Goulding, Gleeson?

Of course that is all pie in the sky stuff at the moment, and I guess the point is they are running out of options. Worthington, Kickert, Dickel and Rush are guys that could help them, as they definitely need one more quality local to be a championship contender.

Reply #285240 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

They should look at Isma'il Muhammad, easily able to play NBL.

Word is he may be headed to Charlotte Bobcats though.

Reply #285265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754