LC
Years ago

FIBATV.com Launches World Championship Passes

FIBATV.com has just launched their World Championship online viewing packages for those who wish to watch this year's World Championships without needing to subscribe to Foxtel (Foxtel have exclusive rights to the men's World Champs).

You can purchase a FIBA Men's Tournament Pass or a combined FIBA Men’s & Women’s Tournament Pass to be able to watch live games streamed direct from Turkey and the Czech Republic in high quality video.

FIBATV.com also has an Archive Games section; where every FIBA World Championship game will available to watch in full, at any time.

They are also offering Early Bird Passes today and the chance to save up to 25% on the full price at the start of the tournaments - only available for a limited time.

FIBATV.com Link: http://linky.com.au/zb5i5

Whilst I think this service is a great improvement on what has been available in the past, personally I am still not convinced of its reliability. When watching the Stankovic Cup final I constantly experienced lag despite having a very fast cable broadband connection. I know of a few people who did not experience a single issue...so each to their own I guess.

Definitely worth a look if you want to catch all the WC action considering it will not be shown on FTA TV here in Australia.

Topic #23512 | Report this topic

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

On top of it as usual LC.

I am not sure which pass to by.
A day pass at $5 is still not bad value given that I would get at least 8 games for that.

You would have to weigh up if you have time to watch more than 8 games(days)????

I have similar issues with lagging (buffering) of vision.

Reply #285216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure its on FTA here the Aussie games are.

Reply #285241 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Mine always lags online, glad for foxtel for this.

Reply #285244 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would just like to reiterate that there wil be no FIBA World Basketball Championship games on FTA TV at this stage, including those games involving the Boomers.

One HD does not have the rights to broadcast any games at this point in time, with Foxtel the only option right now unless you watch the games online.

Foxtel's coverage of the FIBA World Championships will be on Fox Sports 1 commencing with live coverage from 4:00am AEST on 29 August. You can check their TV schedule to confirm.

Reply #285246 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

As for the FBATV lagging, I found this only happens when the game is live. For replayed games, I have had no issue at all. So I guess if you are not going to stay up all night or get up really early, then the FIBATV option is quite good also so you can watch a full replay.

Reply #285247 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cool thanks for the heads up LC. The Stanky games were driving me crazy with all of the lagging.

Damn those time zones! Early mornings for a while, the IQ will be getting a workout!

Reply #285256 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

We always get the raw end of the stick with the European time zones!

I just looked up the FIBATV.com pricing structure for the World Champs (in US dollars):

Men's Tournament Pass = $40
- Early bird buy now for $30 (access until 19th Sept)

Combined Men's & Women's Pass = $55
- Early bird buy now for $40

Day Pass = $5
24 hours access from the time of purchase during the WC's

You can pay via Credit Card or PayPal.

Reply #285262 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Maybe I should charge a door fee, and host WC viewing parties..

: )

Reply #285269 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

$40 for a key to DB5's house for the month. Lock it in.

Reply #285281 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Do I still get to live there?
: )

billo, beer is the currency used to enter mate..

Reply #285284 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Charge the new $80 Crownie...

Reply #285302 | Report this post

KAB  
Years ago

Hey LC,

You posted
"Foxtel's coverage of the FIBA World Championships will be on Fox Sports 1 commencing with live coverage from 4:00am AEST on 29 August. You can check their TV schedule to confirm."

The Boomers 1st game against Jordan is scheduled for Saturday 28th at 4.30pm local time (11.30pm Aust time if my timezone convesions are right!) so we aren't going to get that game live on foxtel? I can't find any information on their website yet. Can you check with your sources??

Reply #285377 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

At the time, I just looked up Foxtel's TV schedule and that is when their coverage commenced and it stated "LIVE". I didn't do any timezone calculations at the time of my post...

You are definitely onto something though as the time difference is +7 hours to AEST, meaning the game should be played live from 11:30PM AEST on 28 August! So your calculations are correct.

I'm trying to load the Foxtel TV guide and it is not doing so here at work...would the game clash with Foxtel's Ashes coverage perhaps? Can someone else clarify the time the game will be shown on Foxtel?

Reply #285381 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Fox Sports TV schedule...they are showing the Ashes on Fox Sports 1 which is then following by the World Champs starting at 4:00am on 29th and it is still listed as live! Maybe they will change it?

Link: http://linky.com.au/27s7h

Reply #285382 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Arent the Ashes in Australia this year?

Reply #285397 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nope...over in the mother country...

Reply #285404 | Report this post

KAB  
Years ago

The cricket in the foxsports guide is listed as "England vs Pakistan, 4th test, day 3". Hopfully foxsports can put this in the no-one really cares basket and show the Boomers live instead at 11.30pm! Foxtel's guide doesn't list this far ahead yet so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reply #285405 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Ashes in Oz this summer, not England.

Reply #285407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754