oracle
Years ago

worlds longest basketball shot

http://linky.com.au/cxqa1

don't think this has done the rounds on the forum.

Topic #23528 | Report this topic

Hems  
Years ago

Nice!

Reply #285442 | Report this post

oracle  
Years ago

he looks a bit like gannon baker

Reply #285444 | Report this post

Mr-Sixer  
Years ago

how many times did he practice that

Reply #285445 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

He can practice it as many times as he wants.... hitting it at all is pretty damn impressive!

Reply #285446 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

What about a shot in an actual game. I remember one of the Peacocks for West Adelaide hitting a two pointer from the baseline at the entrance end at the Forestville stadium into the basket at the canteen. It was amazing how the ball swished and did not hit the roof on the way to the basket. It was in the early 70s.

Reply #285452 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Not quite a shot but just as skilful. I remember in my first year of under 14s for South Adelaide back in 1966, after a particularly bad call, Peter Rice drop kicking the basketball from the keyway at the western end right into the timeclock mounted high up on the eastern end. He didnt even argue the tech foul and just walked off the court.

Reply #285453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be difficult to beat this for an in game shot. It's to win the game, too.

http://linky.com.au/6h6di

Reply #285460 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

First shot is just crazy...but I had previously seen that Div III shot to win it - amazing!

Reply #285461 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Anonymous - Darren Perry threw a very similar, touchdown pass style basket in an NBL game, when playing point guard for SE Melbourne Magic. Wasn't to win the game - I think it was to close out the half. Also, he threw it from around the top of the key after an inbounds pass from an opposition basket. So not as long as the game winner you posted. Also, I always felt he travelled - he did a lovely side chasse action into the throw that Rudi Nureyev would have been proud of. Which, for me, just goes to show how hard it is to even throw the ball the length of the court, one armed (unless you were Dean Uthoff). So, the Div 3 guy doing it from a standing start, under the opposition basket, is pretty impressive.

Reply #285476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a long shot record for in the dome?

Reply #285485 | Report this post

pasadena regular  
Years ago

i can feel a challenge 36 ers game nights coming on !

Reply #285511 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754