BALLER#3
Years ago

Where is Aaron Bruce?

Disappeared really since playing for the sixers? surely someone would pick him up somewhere!

Topic #23539 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Married a u.s girl and moved to Waco, Texas. His former school Baylor is in Waco. Not playing ball ATM. Doubt he will return.

Reply #285546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And has actually been discussed on here ad nauseum!

Reply #285552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be more than likely to return to Australia this year and will be looking for an NBL gig is what I hear...

Reply #285553 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Someone said he split with his wife, but I dont know if that is true. If it is it would explain why he is looking to come back - the Blaze are looking for a good guard at the moment.

Reply #285554 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

would he take up coaching if offered to him??

Reply #285572 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Why would he coach? He's in his prime lol

Reply #285583 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

@paul - well that rules out Bruce then :)

Reply #285586 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sixers contacted him re back up PG spot.
But he wanted to start and a good wage.

Reply #285587 | Report this post

benny t  
Years ago

Brucey should not be backing anyone up in the NBL.. Be good to see him back in the AUS land tearing apart the NBL again

Reply #285588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think what some of you seem to forget that his first season in the NBL was his rookie season and from memory averaged more assists than Gilchrist last season. He has represented Australia and if he does decide to return would be a great pg for any team.

Reply #285589 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

It would be interesting watching Bruce back.

Reply #285590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he had 14 assists in a game against us (gold coast) i recall.. he was one of the best point guards in the league if he came it would be huge for the team he plays for and the league because he is entertaining to watch as well.

Reply #285592 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice player, some major concerns with his jumpshot and ability to run an international style offence though.

But he is still quite young and would certainly be handy alongside a steady combo guard, and on a team with good perimeter shooting to allow him to get into the lane and find teammates, which he does very well.

If he worked hard on his weaknesses over a couple of years he has the potential to be a very good NBL player.

Reply #285594 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Averaged 10 3 and 5 . Gilchrist 17 5 and 4.
(Cortez Groves 10 2 and 3.)

Reply #285598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Bruce shot horribly too, not a starter at NBL level for mine which is why we gave up on him and began starting Brad Davidson over him.

Reply #285602 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Think he was pretty good considering it was his first year as a pro. Be just needed to work his way through the shot clock situation and he would be fine. Would love him back here but not going to happen by the sounds of it, at least this year that's for sure.

Reply #285604 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Is he coming back to coach Port Adelaide?

Reply #285606 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Aaron is a promising young player with huge potential and upside.

But I think he needs to get over his ego and just get out and play. Don't demand a starting role and if you don't get it sit the game out for a year. Take a backup role for a year, and prove the knockers wrong by fighting your way into the starting 5 and showing your worth - your negotiating power on your next contract will then go up immeasurably.

For a guy who has had only one pro gig in three years, and did not give what he promised (due to inexperience, whatever) during that time, he clearly still thinks he is a superstar.

Reply #285607 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on XY. Would be great to see him back and working to reach his potential.

Reply #285611 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

What happened to his jump shot? That's what I couldn't work out.

At Baylor, he shot 39.9 % from the 3 in his freshman year! and 40.7 % in his next year.

Did he stop shooting?
I love watching the Aaron Bruce montago on youtube..He had so much potential

Reply #285625 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

he shoulda declared for draft after junior year.

Reply #285662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wish him the best for the future

Reply #286051 | Report this post

HH4  
Years ago

This guy can just flat out play. Having played with him in the past, there is no-one else I know who trians harder than him. Makes everyine round him better with his passing and can shot, just needs to be given the freedom to do what he thinks is best and the team plays better. Understands any offence and can run and gun with the best. Good luck with whatever choise you make Azza and just go out and play like you know you can

Reply #288296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754