Juror 12
Years ago

Does anyone dislike Dwayne Wade?

I hardly ever hear a bad word about Dwayne Wade. He seems to be both a fan favourite and a player's favourite. The only negative stuff I hear about him tends to relate to the calls he got in the '06 Finals - hardly his fault.

Other superstars like Kobe and LeBron have their haters? But does Wade? (Other than his ex-wife!)

Topic #23586 | Report this topic

Hard to hate a man who conducts himself professionally on and off the court.

He plays every game like it's his last, has a strong desire to win, a loyalty to his team and he does a lot of charity work.

If anyone does dislike Dwyane Wade (check your spelling) it would be hard to imagine the reason, apart from all the Mavs fans as you mentioned above.

Reply #286168 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

I can't say that I hate him, but I refused to buy a Miami Heat singlet (for my grandson) after watching the Heat play the 76ers in April. He reminded me of Shane Heal, petulant when calls didn't go his way and generally obnoxious.

Reply #286187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'm not a big fan of him, he's a real diva type. Always throwing himself around in the hope of getting a whistle. And he's had a few missteps off the court too involving fidelity issues with his now ex-wife in their bitter custody battle over their kids and is currently being sued by a number of investors from his failed restuarant chains.

Shaq sarcastically called him "Wonder Boy" because of his fake 'do no wrong' persona.

Reply #286189 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not a fan of D-Whistle. Bail out after bail out, and that blue band aid under his eye last season...

He's in and out of Court these days about his wife and failed business interests.

Reply #286192 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I like the way he takes it to the rim and his style of play. On court, I think he gets what he deserves.

Reply #286194 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I got to meet him a few years ago at a Washington vs Miami game and he seemed very genuine, he didnt have to talk to me, I was with Michael Ruffin from the Wizards at the end of a game, and yes most ppl will say WHO?? But Wade stopped talked to me for 5-10mins then went on his way, lots of players wouldnt do that.

Just to quote Ruffin when I asked him how he stands a man like Shaq "You just have to stand there and cop a beating" if you look at Ruffins size you'll understand more :)

Reply #286198 | Report this post

Tipo  
Years ago

I hate him with a passion

Reply #286209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

always struck me as charmless

Reply #286225 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I hate the band aid.

Reply #286230 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Anyone who dis likes D Wade, Go and watch his DVD. He is a humble superstar. Not too many of those getting around.

Reply #286237 | Report this post

JA  
Years ago

his divorce battle is because his wife is a phsyco if you have read about half the things she is on about you would understand. the guy got voted farther of the year and then a year later was accused of bashing his kids i think not.

he won his battle with the resteraunt ventures they tried to sue him for $35 million becuase he pulled out a bit rough if you ask me.

Reply #286247 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

the guy got voted farther of the year

So did Dean Jones, not sure if you can use that as an argument any more...

Reply #286261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JA, the reason the divorce proceedings have been so bitter (remember he and his wife were highschool sweethearts who got married while Wade was still in college) is because she found out he had been cheating on her. Certainly not a hanging offence where pro sportsmen are concerned but it killed her and yes, she's pretty much gone nuts ever since. I think she's been through 8-9 divorce lawyers now.

On the business side of things he settled with the investors that were suing him re: restaurant chains, charter schools & memorabilia sales (i.e. paid them) but he's still suing another former business partner.

Reply #286267 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Would've liked him more if he'd moved to Chicago.

Reply #286297 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hey Moses, slightly off topic but as a fellow Bulls fan, what do you think of the offseason so far?

Reply #286341 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

DB5, hard to fault Chicago's recruiting given they didn't get the biggest fish. Rumours abound that they're offering all sorts to land Melo with opinion fairly certain that he's leaving Denver so he doesn't have to wear that dreadful light blue uniform. Chicago have certainly built a deep squad and are in the top few teams in the East. If injuries bite anyone, they could go a long way. Their squad is 10-12 legit deep.

Reply #286397 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, even though they did not land any of the top tier free agents, I am very happy with the look of the team. Finally a back to the basket 4 man (as long as he does not fall in love with his jump shot!).

Melo would be a great catch, see ya Deng!

You don't like Carolina Blue?

Reply #286439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754