Isaac
Years ago

Great Mates charity preview of Coach Carter

Great Mates SA has a Charity Preview screening of Coach Carter coming up on April 27.

It's at 6:30PM at Greater Union Marion and seats are $10 each when you book a double ticket.

To book, contact the 36ERS on 8444 6444 or book on line at adelaide36ers.com.

Topic #2360 | Report this topic

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Have not heard much about coach Carter ... only coach K!!

Has anyone seen HOOKED :The Legend of Demetrius "hook" Mitchell ?

Apparently it is a bio-pic ... 5'9"... the guy jumps over cars and can still stuff it !!
Wasted talent like the "goat" .. could have been awesome in the NBA.
He's still only 35 .. and plays prison ball apparently ..

Reply #26510 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

hey issac wats this movie about? i havent heard anything about it.

Reply #26571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No idea, to be honest. Promoting it at the request of the Sixers.

Here's the IMDB listing.

Single sentence description: "Samuel L. Jackson plays the controversial high school basketball coach who benched his undefeated team due to their collective poor academic record in 1999."

"The highest opening weekend of any release from an MTV Film: $24,182,961"

It's currently sitting on 6.6 out of 10.

Reply #26599 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I actually saw Coach Carter at the movies last night, it's been out in the UK for a little while now.

It's not a bad film, not amazing but pretty watchable. Plenty of hoops action, nothing really spectacular though. Without giving toom much away it's basically 'To Sir with love' but instead of a new teacher at a rough school it's a new basketball coach at a rough school.

I think it rates somewhere between White Men Can't Jump and Blue Chips in the basketball movie genre.

Reply #26605 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Speaking of good Ball movies, can anyone remember that one, the name of it escapes me, where the dude could jump that high he would grab bank notes from the top of the backboard?

Reply #26629 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Rebound ... the movie Eriq La Salle from ER directed it .. and Don Cheadle (ocean's 11-12) starred in it.

Earl "the goat" Manigaux was the guys name ..

hope that helps. Alcindor out!

Reply #26632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spewing its on a Tuesday night - probably would have got a few of us out there for sure but have reserves

Reply #26649 | Report this post

super  
Years ago

April 27 is a Wednesday night. It will be good to see a decent movie, especially a basketball one. Getting tired of going to sloppy love movies with the girlfriend.

Reply #26666 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Good on ya Kareem. A job for you on 'the movie show' await's!

Reply #26677 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Caoch K ...

I try !! More reviews SOON

Reply #26685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #34906 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

I heard it is about a coach who had a really good team and started benching the franchise and the school gets angry etc.

Worth a Watch I'd say

Reply #34907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #150181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754