John
Years ago

Under 12 Club Recommendation

I have a boy 12 years old looking for a club with good coaching and involement. Anyone have any recomendation ?

Topic #23625 | Report this topic

Alex  
Years ago

You can't go past Sturt and Forrestville. Have a look at this year John. Norwood has the state team in Under 12 Div 1 & 2's via recruitment. Yet the other teams develop players and a team first structure. It would be better for your lad in my opinion. Good Luck

Reply #286593 | Report this post

if he is 12 he is in under 14s - depends where you live / prepared to travel and how much of a commitment you want / can handle.

ie run around with your mates or full on.

go here

http://linky.com.au/aqfb1

basketball sa web site - and on drop down menu under playing the game - click district basketball - then sub menu "information" and it will go to all the club links.

or even easier click on local basketball at the top of this forum and it will go to all the links.

Reply #286594 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

John,
My recommendation is this.
Try your nearest club first, then go from there.

Reply #286618 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

John,
My recommendation is this.
Try your nearest club first

Reply #286619 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I concur with Jack Toft, with a twist. Get a map. Mark Sturt and Forestville on there. Work out which club is closest to home and play there. If it's Sturt or Forestville, try again. Norwood and South aren't that far away from either. ;-)

Reply #286621 | Report this post

triton 85  
Years ago

Alex you are a tool!!!!! Norwood under 12's never recruited anyone. This is under 12's. you are obviously another norwood hater. because if you knew anything about the club you would know this not to be true. Sick of hearing this uneducated opinion.

Reply #286699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt is a good club, but unless your child is a super star then I would be surprised if there is any room. I think out of the 60 or so U14's they only took 3. Forestville havn't improved much this year, not really sure why. Their girls program is excellent. Norwood are very skilled based and have very good junior coaches . Also are undefeated so must be doing somthing right. Also look at your closest club, basketball is very time consuming and work commitment ect always come into account. Look at the clubs facilities, some require serious upgrading and some not. For me it came down to 4 clubs, sturt, norwood, bearcats and forestville. all for different reasons. Club Attitude is what made the decision to play for norwood. Could.t be happier. Great bunch of kids, excellent coaching.

Reply #286700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not woodville

Reply #286721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not magic

Reply #286741 | Report this post

young smart arse  
Years ago

i try around a couple clubs dont find one and stay there have a look around and make an educated decision

Reply #287215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try the closest club to you 1st all clubs are pretty similareven tho they will all claim to be different

Reply #287329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who did norwoord under 12's div 1 boys recruit??

Reply #287665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to go to a quality club i suggest you pack and move to victoria they are dominant in every age group.

Reply #287675 | Report this post

Europa 79  
Years ago

Well except in U12 Boys where Sturt have finished 1st and 2nd in the last 2 years at the classics

Reply #287677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Victoria think they really dominate, but lets face it they should do a lot better with 4 times the population of SA

Reply #287682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they are just poor excuses regarding population but victoria's junior program is far better than any other states if you look at under12's through to under20's we are quite consistant in all age groups

Reply #287869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754