anon
Years ago

And Millicent is...?

Where exactly is Millicent and why does everyone talk it up? Isn't it just a hole of a country town? The only player i know that is half decent from Millicent is shannon seebohm. Do they hav any chicks that can play down there? Is there anyone but shannon down there or what?

Topic #2363 | Report this topic

aussiemj  
Years ago

Millicent is in the south east.About 4 hours from Adelaide. There is a very solid basketball program down there and it is run by Peter Seebohm. They won 3 out of the 4 finals at the 16 & 18 Country Championships.The only one they lost was the 16 girls against Yorke Valley and if you know who they have playing for them then you would know why Yorke Valley won!

Reply #26514 | Report this post

cash_money  
Years ago

isnt brad hill from millicent so stop playa hating!!!

Reply #26517 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

yeah ur right- 4 hours from adelaide. They hav a pretty good program- best in sa country i've heard. yaeh shannon is awesome. Ferg hamilton plays for forestville and isnt too bad. As for the chicks, don't really know,um.. Kate someone used to play for forestville but dunno what she does now. She was ok as well.

Reply #26519 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Cash money. Brad Hill is from Hahndorf, not millicent.

Anon. At the moment the SA Country Association that provides the most state players is Millicent, across the board. For a town of their size, their basketball talent is exceptional!!

Reply #26528 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Millicent doesn't only have a great playing program, but it's entire basketball program is great!

Refs can blow a good game too!

Peter Seebohm got the recognition he deserves at Albury this year (along with Glenn Mathison from Naracoorte)!

Reply #26533 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Millicent are definatley producing some very talented basketballers, especially with the population of the town. Congratulations definately to Peter and also Jenny Herbert for the hard work over the past few years.
Everyone knows Shannon and most people know Fergus, but there are some others coming through -
Sam Thompson, Zac Doidge, Alice DeGallio(Spelling?) just to name a few.
Well Done onces again to all involved. Just hope Mount Gambier can get back to where they used to be!

Reply #26557 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Rhianna is also a good player! Did very well at the Senior Country Carnival!

Reply #26558 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Word out of Mount Gambier is that Millicent, the Mount and Naracoorte will combine for a winter competition. Should be great for each comp and see the standard rise. Can't wait for a late game somewhere, followed by a 1 hour drive dodging kangaroos on the way home!

Reply #26584 | Report this post

chardonnay  
Years ago

it is the way to go - riverland used to all be - barmera, berri, locton, renmark associations - now they have combined at a country level and doing well.

the local towns all play intercomp

greta to see limestone coast juniors at state champs last year - will they be here again this year?

Reply #26587 | Report this post

chardonnay  
Years ago

biggest problem for mt gambier is they need more regular exposure to intense comp

they are all big fish in a small pond at the mount - but when in the big smoke they are trimmed right back

they seem to be happy with this at the mount - if they are not prepared to travel - well it won't happen

Reply #26592 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the person you were talking bout up there is Kate Butler. She was pretty good but she quit. Rhianna is a gun! So is shannon.

Reply #26673 | Report this post

sportybabe  
Years ago

maiilenct can pull some pretty good refs, one of them did extremley wel at albury

Reply #26680 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

The best thing about millicent basketball from what i have seen is that they play man to man defence, so when there players come to the big smoke they understand the basic priciples. Mount Gambier dont.!

Who is the ITC coach for mount Gambier?

I think the combine comp would be great!! be interesting to see how it all works out.

Reply #26783 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Shannon's got an awesome leap on him!
Yeah, one Millicent ref did great at Albury - considering that it was their first!

Reply #26784 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Mount Gambier's ITC coaching is shared between Kym Hammond, Ian Hanel and regularly Pioneers Players!

Reply #26817 | Report this post

easterbunny  
Years ago

u should b carlo!

Reply #26821 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

No thanks. Very happy where i am!! Good Luck to Ian, Kym and the players hopefully the mount can get back to where it was. And produce some good players once more!!

Reply #26830 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Young millicent kids are also willing to help out the association-it isn't simply run by the adults. Good to see a country town doing extremely well for themselves- congrats pete and jenny!

Reply #26905 | Report this post

speakup  
Years ago

speaking of millicents young kids, anyone know the girl that coaches their 14boys???

Reply #26908 | Report this post

'the small dmac'  
Years ago

Carlo the girl you didnt no how to spell is Ashleigh Galleo. Where did you hear this information about a intertown competition Moses???? Are you talking about Green Triangle? Or would it be played weekly? Where are you hearing this info man. Cant wait to play you again next season mate, the cougars will dominate the competition. ;)

Reply #27182 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The intertown comp may replace the winter competition completely. It's still in the birthing stage, but apparently there will be no 4-team winter local comp, but instead a 10-11 (numbers?) comp involving the three towns. Should be great.

PS. Don't diss the Panthers. We're the strongest team in the league - we're holding everyone else up from the bottom of the ladder!

Reply #27188 | Report this post

'the small dmac'  
Years ago

i am worrying about where you are getting this information from Moses. who is letting you in on this? i cannot see this happening. i have heard that millicent mite bring down 1-2 teams to play every week. that would be alright but seriously a intertown comp. no 1 would be willing to travel to naracoorte on a wednesday nite to play, some struggle to even turn up to the icehouse. Cougars A grade mens premiers 2005 winter season

Reply #27191 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Hey, I'm only getting info second-hand. Speak to those in the know and you should know who they are. Having travelled from the southern suburbs of Adelaide to the Starplex for basketball, I'd be happy to be play anywhere down here (the distance isn't that far) ..... while the knees hold up, of course! ;-)

Reply #27192 | Report this post

'the small dmac'  
Years ago

what where your thoughts on our shocking 2 point loss in the semi final against roos. Do u think that we were robbed?

PS do u have ne idea who this is?

Reply #27193 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"Home town corruption" used to be a term that was bandied about when I was a young fella.

I can't say much more for fear of retribution. You copped bad calls but that said, the Roos deserved to be in the grand final. They're a very good team.

As for those Panthers .....

Reply #28174 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

the girls name is ASHLEIGH GALLIO shes gonabethe next jackson minus the lezbox activity

Reply #38928 | Report this post

secret window  
Years ago

Please tell me u r being sarcastic- hav u seen her play??? She must have played about one hundred times above her standard for u to say that. yeah she is really good- especially for a bottom age but making that comparison to Jackson is absolutley ridiculous- anyone agree?
By the way, jacksons sexuality is up to her.

Reply #38962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ash gallio is a second year isnt she? and she is awesome. ive seen her play, at first i was unsure but she sure has proven herslelf! lanky lil guard too!

Reply #38973 | Report this post

millicent magic  
Years ago

nah wot they sed bout ash is true she plays like jackson!! the winter comp is going well wif the 2 towns dont mind traveling once every blue moon!!

go ash shazbang ferg zach tim do us proud!!!

Reply #40693 | Report this post

magic rule  
Years ago

millicent is da bomb i live here it is the best basketball town in south australia. last year we won 5 division 1 grand finals and our teams made 6 of them. jimmy is da best woohoo

Reply #40713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BASKETBALL IS MY FAVOURITE SPORT I LIKE DA WAY THEY DRIBBLE UP N DOWN DA COURTI KEEP IT SO FRESH ON DA MICROPHONE I LIKE NO INTERRUPTIONS WHEN DA GAME IS ON I LIKE DA PICK N ROLL I LIKE DA GIVE N GO MAN DIS IS BASKETBALL BOW WOW LETS GO.

Reply #40715 | Report this post

fenwaa  
Years ago

mill wot millicent we sang this song 5 out of 6 granfinals in adelaide yea !!!!!!! we went all the way up 2 adelaide just 2 play the mount in the grandfinal !!!!! nicole butler she plays like a bull out of the gate!!! she has a bit of talent if u know wot im talkin bout!!! lol

Reply #40716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you guys are great. one nice big family(literally)

Reply #40724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alexandra brown (millicent) has a thing for basketball stands her ground and wont budge and she is a tank

Reply #40756 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A couple of people have been blocked for posting offensive material in this thread. This forum costs time and money to keep online so show some respect for those who maintain it.

Reply #40760 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

millicent magic- u forgot brooke and rheanna.

Reply #40772 | Report this post

pidge  
Years ago

Shannon and Ferg are top blokes. I taught them how to rock the cradle, its true, yeeh boy.

i no this kid called mulay he knows how to play bball, he is also from millicent he can shot a 3 from downtown like he is on fire. zach doidge goes allright to.

and me... my gamebreaking moves are to good for your eyes to see.

Reply #136011 | Report this post

matthew bridges  
Years ago

i like soccer.

Reply #136020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754