Anonymous
Years ago

New Balls?

is the NBL using new balls this coming season? I did see the 36ers training pictures and they seem too have a WNBA look alike ball...

Topic #23644 | Report this topic

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

I can't find the news item on the NBL website, but yes they are using new bslls. The Spalding logo is on the NBL Website. I remember playing with a Spalding 100 Super Flite I think it was in my youth.

Reply #286829 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

It's on the BA Website http://www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=302&tx_ttnews[pointer]=7&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1441&tx_ttnews[backPid]=615&cHash=84a4d30ce8

Basketball Australia rolls with Spalding in new deal
Basketball Australia is pleased to announce a new whole of sport partnership with Russell Corporation and their basketball brand Spalding in a multi-year deal that will see the sport supported by the international conglomerate.

Russell Corporation, world's largest basketball equipment maker and marketers of Spalding basketballs and backboards, will be the Official Game Ball supplier of Basketball Australia, NBL, WNBL and Australian Junior Championships.

Spalding will also have the exclusive rights to produce and sell a range of licensed basketballs, backboards and mini-backboards across Boomers, Opals, NBL and WNBL team properties including the official NBL Game ball.

Basketball Australia CEO, Larry Sengstock said "Spalding are a strong brand that will supply our teams and leagues with basketballs and have really impressed us with their commitment to build an exciting licensed product range for fans and participants and a commitment to market our great game."

“With the growing support of our partners we are developing a strong retail presence and an opportunity for people to connect with us through our Network Ten partnership and with Spalding and AND1 official team wear in stores."

Russell Corporation’s Managing Director Chris Lambert said “Spalding is delighted to be involved with Basketball Australia at all levels of the sport, from elite competition to the grass-roots participation program, Aussie Hoops."

“The NBA official game ball and backboard status has made Spalding synonymous with basketball globally. This partnership gives us the opportunity we have been waiting for to demonstrate our commitment to the sport locally” said Lambert.

Spalding is working with its American headquarters on a custom designed ball for the NBL that will be unveiled at the tip-off of the 2010 season on the 15th of October with a game between the Melbourne Tigers and the returning Sydney Kings.

“With a history of firsts dating back of the invention of the basketball, Spalding is committed to innovating and supporting the sport” Lambert said.

As per standard Basketball Australia policy, the financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Reply #286831 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Anon, the ones you have seen them using are the ones for the season. The look like old ABA balls

Reply #286837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754