Kyriakos Adamou
Years ago

Pero Vasiljevic

Hello to everybody. My name is Kyriakos and i need all the help i can get from you. I'm thinking to bring Pero Vasiljevic in my team and i need to get as many information as i can about him. About his game and his character.
Thank you all in advance.

Topic #23660 | Report this topic

Dense1  
Years ago

He is a peanut

Reply #287032 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Pero Vasiljevic was a very good player for north adelaide rockets in s.a. if you take a look at sporting pulse you will see he had very good year
As someone who has played against him and trained with him he would be an asset to any team...

Reply #287033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blaze are looking at him for this season

Reply #287034 | Report this post

tom45tom45tom  
Years ago

this suit is black not

Reply #287038 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Haaaaaahhahahahahahhahahahaha!

In all seriousness, Pero seems to have a pretty bad reputation on here but he impressed me playing for West Sydney. Depends what level you are talking about here.

Reply #287039 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Pero has always had talent, it's just been his head that was the problem. I think he is 32 now so quite possible he has grown up a bit.

Looks like he will be playing for the Blaze, and they need a presence like him.

Reply #287041 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Do you own the New Jersey Nets?

Reply #287043 | Report this post

Kyriakos Adamou  
Years ago

First of all, I want to thank you all for your reply!
What's wrong with his head? He is crazy or... stupid? Is he making problems to the team?
And what about his game? What he can do? Is a good defender? Can he post up and score?

Reply #287044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was as crazy as an out house rat but now he is fair dinkum. This season he seems like a ripper bloke. In the past though people would have thought he was a bit of a galah , sheep short in the top paddock.
You'd be lucky to get his john hancock on any contract . But the blaze may have him stitched up.

Reply #287046 | Report this post

NABC  
Years ago

Kyriakos, contact the North Adelaide Basketball Club and get in contact with Tracy York who is the current Senior Mens Coach and have a chat to her about Pero this season.

He was not only a pleasure to be around this season but also an absolute competitior at both training and games.

Reply #287054 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He is an athlete before he is a scholar - I think that's a fair way to put it, and being fair rather than insulting. Haven't seen him play for a bit, but he's pretty agile for his size, and aggressive on offense. Last time I saw him (Forestville), he reminded me of a puppy - full of enthusiasm, but deferred to others. Could've used a power play on every possession, but seemed to look to pass as though he'd been given specific instructions to do so?

Will be good to see how he goes in the NBL if the Blaze rumours are true. Can be fun to watch play. Not afraid to dunk it.

Reply #287056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seems to have matured. If Cooper can play in the NBL then I have no doubt Pero can!!

Reply #287059 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Only bloke i've ever seen abuse the hell outta Andrew Gaze.

Strange behaviour!!

Reply #287087 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

On the flip side Orbit, he's the only guy i have ever seen make the mild-mannered Andrew Gaze fly into a white-hot rage - so much so his Tigers team mates had to restrain him... What did he say that day???

Reply #287098 | Report this post

Stringer Bell  
Years ago

"Andrew, how is it you can show all your teeth and talk at the same time?"

Reply #287101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon re Coops - don't underestimate how much of NBL basketball is about team chemistry rather than just offensive talent that might detract in other areas. Guys like Cullen, Dench, etc didn't last in the league as long as David Cooper.

Reply #287107 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Johnny Sack i believe Pero made a personal comment which put down himself & Lindsay in an insulting manner & was fuelled by jealousy & lack of control. Totally out of order!

Reply #287179 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Pero is now locked in to the Blaze roster.

Should be an interesting addition to the team....

Reply #287647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac - have a look at his stats against Norwood and Sturt compared to Coopz and Holmes.

I have no doubt he has matured and is a team player. At times he should have been more selfish IMO. He talks to the younger players and I even think he helped out by filling in for a junior team as their coach once.

Don't let the past influence your thoughts on him!!

Reply #287648 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Not to mention by far the best dunks of this year!

Reply #287658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: This is a basketball forum, not Jerry Springer. [Well, mostly not Jerry Springer.] Take it up with Pero yourself.)

Reply #293013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even though he is tearing it up for adelaide 36ers playing 2:37 in 5 games, averaging 0.2 boards a game, he is a good junior development coach at north adelaide rockets, so he can be used as a mentor role in your team.

pay him 3 million a year and youll be set with

Reply #386446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even though he is tearing it up for adelaide 36ers playing 2:37 in 5 games, averaging 0.2 boards a game, he is a good junior development coach at north adelaide rockets, so he can be used as a mentor role in your team.

pay him 3 million a year and youll be set with a meth addict who kind of resembles a peanut.

Comparison:
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=pero+vasiljevic&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1440&bih=717&tbm=isch&tbnid=zSTYUi5VKkAQYM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/pero-vasiljevic-poses-during-the-adelaide-36ers-2012-13-nbl-news-photo/152260838&docid=ZAHLGJLw-WjFgM&itg=1&imgurl=http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/152260838-pero-vasiljevic-poses-during-the-adelaide-gettyimages.jpg%253Fv%253D1%2526c%253DIWSAsset%2526k%253D2%2526d%253DGkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRgUmon9j6a6QW7k7HZF9zoU5VEj0SUr57FsJv3Epx5xOaWbfA5rjvEUnbv0DqEzaQ%25253D%25253D&w=424&h=594&ei=FzycUNO1FMWsiAeNo4CADA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=303&vpy=332&dur=3281&hovh=266&hovw=190&tx=123&ty=290&sig=117996186795575231357&page=1&tbnh=157&tbnw=112&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0,i:118

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=peanut&um=1&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=717&tbm=isch&tbnid=xPf8tpolbWTOAM:&imgrefurl=http://trussty-jasmine.blogspot.com/2012/08/dont-waste-peanut-shells-anymore.html&docid=2GTdEUkXyjWHVM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jhri7FNVbcg/UBtEufLn5kI/AAAAAAAAEmU/TEcKIwDIwlc/s1600/peanut.jpg&w=541&h=699&ei=PTycULuGG4eViAeU5IDgBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=424&vpy=327&dur=563&hovh=255&hovw=197&tx=61&ty=281&sig=117996186795575231357&page=1&tbnh=154&tbnw=126&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:156

Reply #386447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754