paul
Years ago

Tall Blacks v Lithuania

I am off to get dinner and then some much needed sleep, but Kirk Penney schooled Lithuania for 37 points today, but the Tall Blacks fell 92-79 in a hard fought game that they were within striking distance of until the last minute.

Vukona was also superb with 19p, 9r, 5s and 3a.

Game report here if interested:

Topic #23675 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

My linky didnt work! Try this:

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/p/eid/4728/gid/1/grid/D/rid/6944/sid/4728/game.html

Reply #287330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couln't get anything done inside and woeful from outside the arc (that's our bread and butter). Lithuanians cranked up defense and put pressure on ball handling and shooting. And we couldn't get stops.
Vukona huge. Pledger and Abercrombie played well. Bradshaw, Tait disappointing.
Lebanon upset Canada so we have to beat both now to advance.

Reply #287331 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Penney is going to be the Andrew Gaze / Oscar Schmidt of these World Champs.

He is just on fire right now and it would not surprise me if he continues this form he may end up getting a contract in the NBA rather than play in the NBL this coming season.

Reply #287333 | Report this post

MG  
Years ago

NZ are payin $20 on ozbet for game 2, compared to spains $1.01... anyone else think that if Penney lights up again, NZ would have a chance here?

Reply #287391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754