Anonymous
Years ago

FIBA TV - Disappointing

Like many people I was willing to pay the $40 to have access to all the Fiba World Champs games. I have been extremely disappointed with it however. The stream quality is poor (I have fast cable internet) and the archived games take a very long time to be put up. Due to the stream quality I'm find that full screen is to blurry but watching it on the tiny little screen obviously sucks. And the late archiving of the games makes it hard to watch games before you've already heard a spoiler.

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of other people who signed up for FIBA TV

Topic #23724 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I too experienced poor quality live feeds by FIBATV.com and I was really skeptical as to how it would go based on the live screening of the Stankovic Cup which I too received poor quality.

I have high speed cable internet as well and have never had the same trouble with NBATV as I did with FIBATV.

And I cannot recall seeing anywhere where they stated replays would be available more than 12 hours after each game had ended - that is just plain silly.

Reply #288115 | Report this post

Murray  
Years ago

Waste of money, they should be handing out refunds. N.B.A legue pass better be up to scratch.

Reply #288116 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

havent been happy with alot of the Fiba worlds website and live streaming of games

Reply #288118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Murray if NBA League Pass is anything like previous years you won't be disappointed. I had the cheaper, standard definition version last season and it was still extremely good quality stream and all round product. FIBA TV on the other hand, not so. I'll probably send off an angry email and hope I get a response. Its been of almost no use to me so its been a waste of $40.

Reply #288119 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

it cant be that bad though can it? ive been watching it on foxtel and i tell you want the erratic timing they have for the championships is pitiful! and they only show boomers and not much else. although i can understand the frustration over poor streaming quality. i streamed the Tigers vs sixers game last season through the website and was just as upset, resolution was poor and no scoreboard.

Reply #288128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha sounds like you guys got scammed. I've been getting perfectly live streams for free. The link is www.yougotpunked.com/sport/basketball

Reply #288157 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I have had the same issues with FIBA TV in Australia, but over here in Europe it works beautifully. Must be our archaic internet set up in Australia. If only it didnt cost $43 billion to build a decent network!

Reply #288169 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Sorry Paul,

Dont know how you can blame broadband when NBA league Pass HD (certain amount of irony there) worked for me nearly flawlessly all season last year (sadly, for me, that equalled close to 300 games of viewing off the top of my head, and I had 1 dud for the season).

I can stream live US tv shows here as well with dvd quality, so it isnt necessarily our infrastructure, but potentially the poor implementation by Fifa to service our neck of the woods.

Reply #288173 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Will be the first to flame myself.....Fifa...hahahaha, good one, at least the shape of the ball is the same!

PS - Ive paid for the service from Fiba, and its poor at best.

Reply #288174 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agreed, the whole live streaming product and their website in general is very disappointing. Definitely not worth the $50AUS odd I paid. Nothing like NBA League Pass.

Still, I have seen more of the Boomers in this tournament than I ever have before. So that is progress at least!

Reply #288184 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They are all fair enough points, but the service is great here, with a heap of content too. Frustrating when it doesnt work though, I am with you on that.

Reply #288186 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

Works great over here in Europe. Better as NBALP.

Reply #288196 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I bought FIBAtv expecting to be able to download and archive games myself. The streaming archive, which only works on one of my computers, doesn't provide a download option.

I should've known that torrent sources are 100x better.

The streaming coverage has been pathetic.

Reply #288201 | Report this post

mufflover  
Years ago

It was working alright for me and the high quality stream until the last boomers game when the stream kept stopping and starting and sending me nuts. I emailed help and the result was them telling me that it just must be me or old caching etc. Clearly something wrong with their servers, I don't think it could handle the load when Team USA played.

Paul, connection speed has 0% to do with this issue, it's their infrastructure. I should have known they had a shithouse service once before I bought (can't remember what it was for) and I had forgotten about it until I had the problems watching the Angola game and then I remembered the previous pain.

Reply #288250 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The fact that it works in Europe and not in Australia suggests it is the internet infrastructure in Australia that is one of the main issues.

Reply #288257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul works for FIBA so don't expect anything other than a vigorous defence/pumping up of all things FIBA related.

Reply #288258 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Give me a break, I have already said I have had frustrating issues with it in Australia. All I add is that it works well in Europe, not that it is a good thing it doesnt work in Australia.

What I get paid by FIBA isnt enough to buy loyalty!!

Reply #288281 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i dont care if its the network or not, but fibre optic internets is the way!

Reply #288382 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754